Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advantage playing tomorrow night?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm only looking forward to getting drunk tomorrow night:p

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I expect Yeovil to score first as we chase the game for a draw. After the display against Blackpool I expect nothing, even if we beat Yeovil I reckon we'll lose to Forest. No confidence in the players/coaches ability to raise our intensity. Yes the Blackpool performance really did piss me off, not over it yet.

So in answer to the OP, playing a day before the others doesn't make an iota of difference IMO.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
definately an advantage.

if we played at the same time - at half time we would find out the Reading score and be demoralised or hasty / nervous - playing before ensures we just have to go for it - and if we win it puts massive pressure on reading.

forget bournemouth and forest and the others.....it's a two horse race......until saturday 5pm when things may look different.

Totally agree, although it's definitely not ately

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If we don't win tomorrow night, we don't deserve to make the play-offs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If we don't win tomorrow night, we don't deserve to make the play-offs.

i think some of our results over the last two months would indicate that the team don't deserve a play -off spot......on paper and on ability we do but on application and effort we don't.......i can only hope that CMS 's return might spark the team up a bit.

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
Definatley an advantage. i can see us getting a 3-0 win and donny holding reading to a draw. it will all go down to the last game and us sneaking in with a late goal at forest just like the pikeys up the road did last year at home to peterborough.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lightning forecast for tonight. Forking hell.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
By the end of it you will know whether your season is over or not a game early, as Donny will not beat Reading and Burnley won't care if they lose.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Liecester?

half leicester's team were sufferring from crippling hang-overs , literally........just wait and see what happens ,forest have most of their injured players back, tonked us at home and will also most likely be in with a play -off sniff......we will need a visit to the testicle store to get anything from there........we have made pitifully hard work of lesser teams than forest , i am , as always , eager to be proved wrong.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
half leicester's team were sufferring from crippling hang-overs , literally........just wait and see what happens ,forest have most of their injured players back, tonked us at home and will also most likely be in with a play -off sniff......we will need a visit to the testicle store to get anything from there........we have made pitifully hard work of lesser teams than forest , i am , as always , eager to be proved wrong.
I know 100% you wern't at the Leicester game, Trust me no one would of beat us that night. From the first minute we were in their case, a double over the champions says it all.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I know 100% you wern't at the Leicester game, Trust me no one would of beat us that night. From the first minute we were in their case, a double over the champions says it all.

I agree. Too much has been made of Leicester's supposed hangover when we played them but they were still very dangerous on the night and needed a proper performance to beat them. It was reminiscent of our convincing victory over them at The Amex - and no one suggested they had a hangover back then.

We looked up for it right from the kick off and got an early-ish goal which threw them - and for once we capitalised. Not only did we play well but it seemed like every 50/50 ball and Refs decision went our way. It is no exaggeration to say that we had our foot firmly on their throats for about 75 minutes. Plus our play silenced their party crowd and the 600 odd Albion fans sang themselves hoarse. It was one of 'those' very special nights that don't come along very often and we deserve a bit more credit from the cynics. Certainly the serious media reports gave us credit.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Having trawled through our rivals message boards, I'd say that winning and playing tonight has been an advantage. Its just cranked that pressure up a notch. Games at this level are won and lost by small percentages, we've just put a whole heap of extra pressure on the players of Reading, Ipswich and Forest. It could be decisive, but at the least it won't have helped them!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

no mate i wasn't .....i watched the whole game last night and must admit we create soooo many chances but we just cant bury them ,i hope forest is on the box.:albion:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I agree. Too much has been made of Leicester's supposed hangover when we played them but they were still very dangerous on the night and needed a proper performance to beat them. It was reminiscent of our convincing victory over them at The Amex - and no one suggested they had a hangover back then.

We looked up for it right from the kick off and got an early-ish goal which threw them - and for once we capitalised. Not only did we play well but it seemed like every 50/50 ball and Refs decision went our way. It is no exaggeration to say that we had our foot firmly on their throats for about 75 minutes. Plus our play silenced their party crowd and the 600 odd Albion fans sang themselves hoarse. It was one of 'those' very special nights that don't come along very often and we deserve a bit more credit from the cynics. Certainly the serious media reports gave us credit.

Spot on! I'm just glad my 2 younger sons were with me in attendance as its a memory that will live with them for ever! Can't say better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here