Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admin watch - QPR

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
The owners may have all the money in the world but I bet they have not guaranteed any of the debts. I expect them to take the sky money, get back their original investment and Fernandes will sell the company to a Malaysian friend. Admin in 2 years!

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Please tell me who the last player was that we signed for 12 million and paid 100 grand a week?
Please tell me who the last player is we signed for £12m and paid £100k a week cos according to Fernandes £100k is very wide of the mark, in the same way reports that Zamora is on £90k a week.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
You don't have to work within FFP. You can work outside it and take the fines. If we are still in the Championship next season I would prefer clubs like Wigan, Reading and Villa to be relagated rather than QPR who I suspect will spend big at least one more time to get back.

Well if they do go down and get fined we and the other teams will see the money in our account and they may well have any transfers stopped!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He won the cup with Pompey by spending shed loads of dosh that the club couldn't afford.

Portsmouth made a profit of £30 million on Redknapp's transfer dealings. Wages are another thing of course.

In his career Redknapp has made a transfer profit of £4 million. By contrast Benitez made a loss of £85 million at Liverpool, Wenger £10 million at arsenal, Ferguson £180 million transfer loss at United.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have always had a soft spot for QPR.
And with our history of Bad Ownership Kills Football (been there, got the tee shirt) I worried when all these rich non football people bought Rangers. That odious little shit Bernie Ecclestone, Mittal and this current bloke all know nothing about this sport.
Drives me mad when I see fans of clubs like QPR, Leeds, Forest, Pimpey, Reading, West Ham, proclaiming how they are going to be the next big thing, and how they deserve it after years of being ordinary but now they have the money to be the biggest club in the country.

I pray that never happens here.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have always had a soft spot for QPR.
And with our history of Bad Ownership Kills Football (been there, got the tee shirt) I worried when all these rich non football people bought Rangers. That odious little shit Bernie Ecclestone, Mittal and this current bloke all know nothing about this sport.
Drives me mad when I see fans of clubs like QPR, Leeds, Forest, Pimpey, Reading, West Ham, proclaiming how they are going to be the next big thing, and how they deserve it after years of being ordinary but now they have the money to be the biggest club in the country.

I pray that never happens here.

So do I. We have started with a blank sheet of paper again, and it appears we are being run properly. The club seems to be doing all the right things as regards marketing, and trying to bring in as much money as possible. You can understand why Bloom employed Barber for this role. If we do manage to get to the premiership and we balance our books properly, we won't need foriegn investors, bloom will get his money back, and we will have money in the bank.
I can see us having many years of success.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Portsmouth made a profit of £30 million on Redknapp's transfer dealings. Wages are another thing of course.

In his career Redknapp has made a transfer profit of £4 million. By contrast Benitez made a loss of £85 million at Liverpool, Wenger £10 million at arsenal, Ferguson £180 million transfer loss at United.

yet how many clubs under Benitez/Wenger/Ferguson went into administration after they left? Redknapp is good at getting players on the cheap, but he then gives them at least double the wages they are worth.....

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE

I don't suppose Harry's offshore bank account did badly out of his transfer dealings either.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Didn't the chairman buy Samba? Harry only hinted he wanted him and there is was on the doorstep. But what about the new fair play rules? If BHA are worried because we may be £13million over spent (think that figure is correct) then how in 13 million years are QPR going to survive? Relegated this season. A loyal fan base of 15K next season but 10 points deducted, players walking out. No income. Life stinks.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don't suppose Harry's offshore bank account did badly out of his transfer dealings either.

Can anyone remember the four players he signed at west ham who played about 15 games between them. The thing linking the players was the same agent with a surname the same as a former Liverpool and spurs player called Jamie. I think Titi camara was one. Maybe thaino another?

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
? What are you drinking? Makes no sense
Someone likened us to doing it the Palace way whatever that is.
You asked who was the last player you signed for £12m and paid £100k a week.
I asked the same question of us - who is the last player we signed for £12m and are paying £100k a week because it's not Chris Samba.
Fernandes says we're not paying him anywhere near that.
People claiming we're paying him £100k a week about as accurate as when people said we're paying Zamora £90k a week.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
QPR's wage bill doubles - and that's even before the last two transfer windows are included in financial figures - Telegraph

So QPR's wage bill doubles to £56m BEFORE the signings of Park Ji-sung, Julio Cesar, Jose Bosingwa, Chris Samba and Loic Remy. :eek:

They are truly f***ed

Despite a substantial outlay on players since promotion two years ago, the west Londoners find themselves bottom of the Barclays Premier League with just 10 matches remaining.

QPR twice broke their transfer record in January by bringing in Loic Remy and Christopher Samba in a bid to avoid the drop, which led to increased scrutiny over the club's spending.

That interest will only increase after the release of the club's accounts for the year ending May 31, 2012.

While turnover rose from £34.6million to £74million, wages soared from £27.6million to £56million in a season in which QPR only managed to secure survival on the final day.

A host of expensive players have since arrived at Loftus Road, with summer arrivals such as Park Ji-sung, Julio Cesar and Jose Bosingwa followed in January by Samba and Remy.

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes admitted in his directors' report that the board are ''conscious of the need for expenditure to be closely monitored and controlled'' but also the need to invest in the playing squad.

''A critical driver of any club's value is its presence in the Premier League and the club achieved its key objective for the 2011-12 season, by successfully securing its Premier League status for the coming season,'' he said.

''The financial results reflect the club's focus on on-pitch success.

''There are a number of potential risks and uncertainties that could have a material impact on the group's long-term performance. These risks and uncertainties are monitored by the board on a regular basis.''​

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
''There are a number of potential risks and uncertainties that could have a material impact on the group's long-term performance. These risks and uncertainties are monitored by the board on a regular basis.''

The League table being the easiest way top view the level of risk.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon they need to get some of Zamora's wages off the payroll :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Amazing how businessmen, who have made billions leave their brains at home when they buy football clubs, QPR are a nice small (family club), it's all they will ever be, they have a small fanbase and small ground (by prem standards) and no amount of money will change that, bar about a billion quid and I doubt even Frenandez is that daft - all he is doing is making Harry and all the players he signs very rich and achieving nothing, even if they stay in the prem, so what, all the money goes in wages to overpaid players who only go there for the money knowing they won't win bugger all - they would be much better off back in the championship living in hope, rather than chasing a never achievable dream.

Almost the same thing could have been said of Chelsea a few years ago. There was a time when QPR were a much bigger deal than them in terms of London clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here