Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Adding "NHS Covid Pass" to Apple Wallet

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Wait. I thought I’d downloaded my SEASON TICKET to my wallet, not just a single match ticket.

No you don't. The ticket automatically updates each game. I asked the club that very question.

Me too,so we have to download again after every game . I did not realise that .

Sorry chaps. I stand corrected. I don’t want to be spreading misinformation, even if inadvertently. I thought I had read that you have to download tickets each time. I’m glad to make the correction.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don't think it's on Android yet. Apple leading the way as always.

Nothing to do with Apple themselves. Despite there being more Android users than iPhone users features for apps like this nearly always go to iPhones first as the managers and bosses are nearly always iPhone users and say "it would be great if you could this" so it gets implemented on iPhone first to appease the bosses (from my experience anyway).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hmm, might be a good reason to go all middle aged and buy an iPhone

There is the odd old duffer but you’ll generally be hanging with the cool and connected kids. Go purple!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will there be another lane for those with handbags…sorry man bags? :whistle:

Sadly all my man bags fall foul of the last set of Covid guidelines on what you can bring into the stadium. I do have my eye on one particular piece which should be compatible but I’m awaiting the rules to be announced before pulling the trigger on the purchase.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
I have just added to my wallet but I see there is a renewal date. Does that update automatically as well?

Not in the wallet but, if you download the covid pass again, it automatically updates the expiry date (to 30 days from download date), so you need to download to wallet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At the risk of sounding like the late BG, next Tuesday I'm going to buy a Watford ticket for my grandson. He's on my Friends&Family list, and has an Iphone.

Previously, I've just printed the ticket at home, but I know his email and mobile number, so can I ask the club to send the ticket to his phone and thence into his Apple wallet?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Nothing to do with Apple themselves. Despite there being more Android users than iPhone users features for apps like this nearly always go to iPhones first as the managers and bosses are nearly always iPhone users and say "it would be great if you could this" so it gets implemented on iPhone first to appease the bosses (from my experience anyway).

Whilst there are more android users, they are spread across a much larger number of devices and software versions. iPhones are pretty much uniform for development, it's far quicker to get a working app for iOS than for every iteration of android out there.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At the risk of sounding like the late BG, next Tuesday I'm going to buy a Watford ticket for my grandson. He's on my Friends&Family list, and has an Iphone.

Previously, I've just printed the ticket at home, but I know his email and mobile number, so can I ask the club to send the ticket to his phone and thence into his Apple wallet?

As [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] noted on a similar thread, the introduction of e-ticketing makes the absence of the late and forever great Bensgrandad from these pages even more acutely felt.

I can pay BG no greater tribute than to say that rather than take the easy route out and simply request a plastic ST with photo ID, he would have been hellbent refusing to be defeated by e-ticketing, Google Pay, virtual wallets, Covid passports and the like and doubtless would have taken any mockery thrown in his direction at his requests for advice with his usual unflappable good grace.

Just think of the tales of endless back and forth emails with the club; the attempts to install Google Pay with the help of his brother-in-law that would doubtless have caused power outages across mid-Sussex; his incredulity that his grandchildren successfully navigated the whole process in about 3 seconds flat using a laptop bought off eBay and in between all that, tales of a 4 hour bus journey to Shoreham to buy some discounted chicken thighs and a couple of pork chops.

BG would, of course, finally triumph and successfully install all required tickets, passports, apps and associated digital paraphernalia on his phone, only to crash the entire IT infrastructure at the Amex the moment his Omsung Phine came within 6 feet of a turnstile barcode reader.

Never forgotten. RIP BG.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
.. 20210730_214932.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just to check, this doesn't work on androids?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only vaguely related but sent off for the official NHS Covid Pass Letter a week ago having been triple jabbed about a month ago. Came back this morning still showing only two jabs :facepalm:

On the plus side tho, all the various proofs you can generate from within the NHS app correctly show all three jabs hurrah.

Not brilliant tho for anyone that doesn't have a smartphone. You'd like to think they could have updated the letter template by now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here