Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Added time last night

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It’s been bugging me all day and I haven’t seen it mentioned elsewhere but how the hell was there only 4 mins of added time last night (1 min first half, 3 mins second half).

Surely subs alone add that much and then plenty of time wasting from Brentford. I was expecting 5+.

Ps) not that we have scored with another 30!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s been bugging me all day and I haven’t seen it mentioned elsewhere but how the hell was there only 4 mins of added time last night (1 min first half, 3 mins second half).

Surely subs alone add that much and then plenty of time wasting from Brentford. I was expecting 5+.

Yeah we could all still be running round now and it would still be 0-0. I was glad to be released in to the leisurely West London public transport system in time to get home. I’ve never had a missing minute or two bother me less TBH.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed.

The three minutes in the second half was ridiculous, and over half of that was spent by their 'keeper shithousing over a goal kick and a free-kick. ****.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Truly ridiculous. So inconsistent yet again. You could almost tell the ref didn't really give a shit about this lowly game. I was expecting 5 at an absolute minimum.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Agreed.

The three minutes in the second half was ridiculous, and over half of that was spent by their 'keeper shithousing over a goal kick and a free-kick. ****.
Completely.

Flekken took 41 seconds to take the goal kick at the start of injury time. There were two more stoppages during those three mins and Madley played 30 seconds extra. Absolute piss take in the context of how added time has been implemented across the Premier League season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just another example of why an independent timekeeper is needed. If we're having that, I would also go for 30 minutes each way, minutes in play! And, to take it further, I'd have a giant clock visible in the stadium to both the players and the fans, and a hooter ending play, regardless of where the ball was at the time.

No more timewasting; problem solved!

Last edited:

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
I'm just back from Salzburg v Graz cup semi-final. Salzburg lost 3-4 :cry:

The second half had 5 goals with long celebrations, 6 substitutions, 2 injuries when the trainer came on (but not for very long), and two players booked for time wasting. I was expecting about 10 minutes added, but it was only 5.

I agree about the independent timekeeper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Again I'm just not seeing the game the way other are.

I didn't think Brentford were particularly time wasting, they weren't as bad as we were after 5 minutes on Sunday. (They'll not be as bad a Villa in a couple of weeks)

No physios on the pitch, 1 VAR and plenty of multiple substitutions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agreed.

Not to mention the time wasted by that bloke with the long throw. The co-commentator was an ex Bee and he highlighted this before it even first happened.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The referee IS an independent timekeeper.

We don’t need even more officials, given how badly VAR has gone. We need the ones we have to get it correct.
I also don’t see what difference an independent time keeper would make 🤷🏻‍♂

You just push the exact same task onto another person. What difference is expected?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Again I'm just not seeing the game the way other are.

I didn't think Brentford were particularly time wasting, they weren't as bad as we were after 5 minutes on Sunday. (They'll not be as bad a Villa in a couple of weeks)

No physios on the pitch, 1 VAR and plenty of multiple substitutions.
Really?
Their goalkeeper was taking longer than we do when playing away.
Not to mention the whole multi ball thing, and going to the further ball.

They really were time wasting IMO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really?
Their goalkeeper was taking longer than we do when playing away.
Not to mention the whole multi ball thing, and going to the further ball.

They really were time wasting IMO.
Fair enough.
Maybe I'm so defeated by the obvious wasting (like Dunk on Sunday) I no longer notice the subtle stuff.

Anyway as Giraffe says, it's a completely pointless knicker twist as even if the game was 'next goal wins' they'd still be playing now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fair enough.
Maybe I'm so defeated by the obvious wasting (like Dunk on Sunday) I no longer notice the subtle stuff.

Anyway as Giraffe says, it's a completely pointless knicker twist as even if the game was 'next goal wins' they'd still be playing now.
I’m still convinced Welbeck is going to score as he bursts through at the end….

As he scored yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m still convinced Welbeck is going to score as he bursts through at the end….

As he scored yet?
Him and The Lana are currently playing a 1-2...

...shouldn't be long now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

The reason that Brentford were time wasting so much was because they knew that we could have scored at some point. Even in games where it looks like you'll never score, sometimes you do.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was honestly surprised to see any added on time in the first half - because I couldn't recall anything happening at all, let alone anything worthy of time being added on!

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Truly ridiculous. So inconsistent yet again. You could almost tell the ref didn't really give a shit about this lowly game. I was expecting 5 at an absolute minimum.
Was my son reffing? He always knocks a few minutes off so he can get on his way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here