Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams vs McGhee

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Adams vs McGhee

Turkey said:
If McGhee was too leave now that is how people would look back at it.

Micky Adams is a Legend because he was the manager who turned us around from a poor League 2 side into a side pushing for promotion to the Championship.

However I don't think that has any much bearing on who is the better manager. I think there's a lot to be said for both.

Great, but I don't think McGhee's few past successes are likely to mean much to Brighton fans if he can't replicate it here.

Adams, however, has been consistently successful - currently doing a superb job at Coventry.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
Mickey Adams Albion Legend :bowdown: Who moved on because of ambition.......we were not a big enough fish for hin to fry.

McGhee just another manager.
who is the best we can afford and is prepared to give it his best shot in the most difficult of circumstances!!

Mickey Adams has better man management skills than MM:lolol:

I think people forget what trouble MA caused in certain periods of his managenent career:glare:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
You do realize if MM gets us promoted again this season the record books will show him as one of the most succesful managers this club has ever had, given the level he has managed us at?

Whilst at the momet has one of the worst win - games ratio?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Win wise the only season that I can remember being worse was the first at Gillingham where we managed 6 wins.

Still I am sure none of last seasons spectacular failings were down to McGhee, it was everything and everyone elses fault.

Including the goat in the woods

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Kinky Gerbils said:
I disagree - They were looking ike staying up untill half the squad decided to get caught doing stuff in La Manga.

Down to MA's man-management skills:ohmy: :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
I disagree - They were looking ike staying up untill half the squad decided to get caught doing stuff in La Manga.

They only had eight players in their squad ? Explains it then.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Gullsworth said:
I think people forget what trouble MA caused in certain periods of his managenent career

The difference being that Micky, one unfortunate, and fairly minor, incident with Dave Cameron aside, dealt with such things in-house, rather than running bleating to the press every time something happened. Hence, he was respected by players and fans alike ... I'm not sure the same quite applies to McGhee.

I certainly can't imagine McGhee getting quite the same reaction when he returns to the club as an opposition manager as Adams repeatedly does.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Who was managing them when we were under Coppell in the Championship? I seem to recall them sealing promotion with a 2-0 win against us ... I could have sworn that was Adams.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Repugnant Toad said:
Who was managing them when we were under Coppell in the Championship? I seem to recall them sealing promotion with a 2-0 win against us ... I could have sworn that was Adams.

I thought it was Mcghee :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here