Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adama Traore

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There’s only one Adama and it not the one trick pony, marinated in cooking oil and garnished with unfulfilled promise!

296f15f5e5dd69fd543ccb2019a0056b.jpg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No thanks, he's really not a Potter player. Could see him at Palace.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Traore's top recorded speed in the Premier League is 36.6 kmph. Interestingly, that's identical to our Tariq's too.

Pretty quick but last year Rudiger hit 36.7. in 2019 Soyuncu was the fastest in the division with 37.55. Kyle Walker's record is 37.79.

His top speed was recorded during an oil-enhanced slide, not when running.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
£20 million buys you very quick, looks terrifying while often as not on the bench, it’s probably a no then

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In the age of 5 subs I think he would be a superb option to bring off the bench against tiring defences.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As has been said, great at running at defenders, but his end product is generally lacking. He might win penalties, but then we'd need someone to score them. Our conversion rate last year was the lowest of all the teams who weren't relegated.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not yet reached his peak and is proven for a top half side.

If the money is low and he is good character to not mind the bench at times then I'd take a punt.

Game changer off the bench so he would have a use IMO

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wouldn’t pay anywhere close to 20M especially with wages he’d expect. That said disagree with quite how bad people seem to be saying he is. He’s able to play a few roles including as an attacking wingback and I reckon he’d do well under GP who’d also like him as an option and use him in a system to the best of his abilities.

Non-Starter though as will go somewhere for more money and fail to shine in a 4-4-2 or something.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not for me, Clive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Talking of which, I wonder how LuaLua is getting on now.

He was absolute BOX OFFICE in the third division when we were bumping around the noddy leagues. I was genuinely buzzing when we turned his loan into a permanent move.

He got found out in the Championship though. The odd decent game and some cracking goals (that 4-0 away at Charlton when he came off the bench at 3-0 was almost cruel). I have fond memories of the fella, but injuries and inconsistency did for him at the next level up.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He was absolute BOX OFFICE in the third division when we were bumping around the noddy leagues. I was genuinely buzzing when we turned his loan into a permanent move.

He got found out in the Championship though. The odd decent game and some cracking goals (that 4-0 away at Charlton when he came off the bench at 3-0 was almost cruel). I have fond memories of the fella, but injuries and inconsistency did for him at the next level up.

With 5 subs coming, we should bring him back as a special teams player to be brought on if defending a single goal advantage in the last twenty. Relive all those times we cheered his trick of picking up on a loose clearance, putting the ball past a defender, falling over the challenge and winning us a free kick to take the pressure off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here