Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster to Saudi FC

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Hey hey easy with the LA jokes!! We have arguably the country's leading goal scorer here at LTFC - Joe Benn, currently on 56 in all competitions!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
£0 for Locadia
£0 for Andone
£0 for Connolly.

You win some, you lose some, but I think the wins outweigh the losses.

I still hope and believe there's a player hiding somewhere in your list, even if there's also an elbow in the face and a good turntable).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just turned 27 early this month and Albion's captain in Dunk's absence.

Capped at U18 and U19 levels, one would hope he'd be recognized by England soon and called up into the squad.

That might add another £5-10m onto the price tag.

We saw how White's offers went from £20m, £25m and £30m with Leeds, then £40m, £47m and £50m with Arsenal.

I'd value Webster at around £60m now, but still wouldn't want to sell at that price factoring in age and importance.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd take 50

When he's good he is very very good but doesn't back it up week in week out.

50m be a good price and we have a good production line at CB

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd take 50

When he's good he is very very good but doesn't back it up week in week out.

50m be a good price and we have a good production line at CB

Only £50m is ridiculously cheap for Dunk II.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have to say as a massive Potter fan, that if he chases the money and blood and goes to Newcastle, I’ll say good riddance. I will be shocked though

He owes TB not Ashworth as I’m pretty sure Ashworth hasn’t actually dug into his own pocket to support the Albion

I also can’t see TB allowing Ashworth to go unless he signs a watertight legal undertaking of a “no poaching” agreement that will last a few years

Potter is going to be on the radar of all big clubs and surely will want to compete at the very highest level. If he wants to stay here forever then great, but I doubt it.

He'll want to go somewhere with solid foundations, so if they employ Ashworth it ticks that box. We can say what we want about Newcastle and the Saudis, but they are here and they are going to become one of the best football teams in the country, like it or not. On a purely football basis it is a great fit for him. Maybe he'd have doubts, but when they lay out a vision.... I'm concerned, put it that way.

Can't see any legal basis for a no poaching agreement that would stand up

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If the Geordies are genuinely thinking and planning long-term why would they dump Smug Eddie in the summer (if they stay up)? It doesn't make sense and would surely worry the hell out of Potter if they came for him.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect our reply is that he’s not for sale.
I wonder why all these enquiries are being reported on. It seems as if Newcastle are quite happy for the rumours to get out there so that they could ‘unsettle’ a few players. I think this approach can backfire as it shows how many players they’ve made approaches for and how many are not prepared to go. Also shows the number of clubs that are going to play hard ball with them.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
That's the trouble of being a club which seems to be on the up. Our players are wanted by almost every top club (or bottom club in Newcastle's case). They think they can just phone up TB and say we want so-and-so and we will roll over. Realistically we should only sell one top player a season if we are thinking of moving up the league and joining the elite teams in Europe . . .but who is going to be sold first?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
That's the trouble of being a club which seems to be on the up. Our players are wanted by almost every top club (or bottom club in Newcastle's case). They think they can just phone up TB and say we want so-and-so and we will roll over. Realistically we should only sell one top player a season if we are thinking of moving up the league and joining the elite teams in Europe . . .but who is going to be sold first?

My money's on Ben White.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I expect our reply is that he’s not for sale.
I wonder why all these enquiries are being reported on. It seems as if Newcastle are quite happy for the rumours to get out there so that they could ‘unsettle’ a few players. I think this approach can backfire as it shows how many players they’ve made approaches for and how many are not prepared to go. Also shows the number of clubs that are going to play hard ball with them.

Basically they are linking themselves with every player on the planet, so I'm not overly concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here