Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo v Dan Harding

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
Fragmented Badger said:
Yeah you are right thinking about it. He wasn't THAT slow, although he definitely didn't have pace, but he was so feeble it was ridiculous. It wasn't so much a problem with him keeping up with players, he just got brushed off the ball within a second.

i think that is harsh, he was our quickest defender by a long way! he was also able to play left midfield and often did if i remember!

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
brightonfan_86 said:
Adam Virgo by a country mile. :bowdown:

all well just saying that but if i wanted that response id have run a poll...

justify your decision otherwise you just look like a sheep who follows everyone else! unless of course that is what you are....

BAAAA

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hoggy said:
all well just saying that but if i wanted that response id have run a poll...

justify your decision otherwise you just look like a sheep who follows everyone else! unless of course that is what you are....

BAAAA

Well the thread does say Adam Virgo V Dan Harding. So i didn't really such much need to justify my decision.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Virgo was a leader of men on the football field, a very promising Centre Back, and a half decent utility striker whos goals kept us in The Championship.

Harding was at best a very average left back, who cost us many goals, had awful positional sense, got flicked off the ball with ease and then got a big head because the U21s were desperate so called him up. Id have him over Mayo though.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what a thread!!

the only reason that debate stopped on the way back from yeovil was because of our shenanigans in attempting to buy that childrens garden chair at 1am in a tescos in portsmouth

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
If you're comparing them as full-backs, then, of course, Harding was considerably better; it's his position, and shows. Virgo was never that well-suited to played away from centre-back, where he was class.

Just noticed the date!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Virgo by miles and miles. IMO Harding was a poor player who somehow managed to earn us a lot of money - so thanks very much.

Harding was scared of the ball and would never attack it until it bounced. He cost us several points during his second season. He may be a better player now, but he rarely impressed me.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think Virgo will go down as the most overrated player in our history. A terrific work ethic when playing for your local club goes so far, but it doesn't make you a great player and it doesn't make your value £1.5 million. I like the guy and really appreciate his tremendous efforts at the club, but when you take off the rose tinted spectacles he wasnt really that good.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Totally agree with the Piers man.

The other thing about Harding was he was a converted LB, he played LW or CM for the youth.

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
the only reason that debate stopped on the way back from yeovil was because of our shenanigans in attempting to buy that childrens garden chair at 1am in a tescos in portsmouth

if i remember correctly i complained to the BLACK security man that i was not allowed to buy a chair, he told me to take it up with the complaints department when it opened at 7am!

the other highlight of that debate, was when Witham, the only person in the front, which i assume is because he was driving and nothing to do with the fact we were ruined, threatened to drive us into the central reservation so he could kill us all in order to end the discussion!! :clap2:

i think he was bluffing!!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Harding was scared of the ball and would never attack it until it bounced. He cost us several points during his second season. He may be a better player now, but he rarely impressed me.

I heard he was voted player of the season for Ipswich last year...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the other highlight of that debate, was when Witham, the only person in the front, which i assume is because he was driving and nothing to do with the fact we were ruined, threatened to drive us into the central reservation so he could kill us all in order to end the discussion!! :clap2:

i think he was bluffing!!

what exactly where we doing in the back? i can only assume it was because of the sheer disruption we caused at bournemouth uni with the stealing of that beer and sausages

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
what exactly where we doing in the back? i can only assume it was because of the sheer disruption we caused at bournemouth uni with the stealing of that beer and sausages

i think it was so we could drink smirnoff ice and fall asleep on the way back, what a day, that has to be my all time favourite away day as it had so many highlights within it!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think it was so we could drink smirnoff ice and fall asleep on the way back, what a day, that has to be my all time favourite away day as it had so many highlights within it!!

so breaking a $300 and getting robbed are highlights?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here