Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo or Warren Aspinall

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Warren. I'm sick of Virgo's constant negativity and criticism. Just got in the car on a high and immediately have to listen to Virgo having a go at the team yet again.

Was listening to him as I was driving to the ground and he was even worse

WA for me AV started well but is becoming one dimensional

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like 'em both really, but Warren wins it for his little indiscretions when it comes to leaking who he's been scouting for the club. And of course his brilliant mispronunciation of even the most straight forward names.

AV was quite negative tonight (probably with reason).

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Wozza because he's managed to overcome the handicap of English not being his first language.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
WA all the way.

I hate Virgo's carping negativity.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Warren for me. Virgo bitches too much.
I was "lucky" enough that player failed yet again so for much of the first half I had to listen to the Derby commentary which was much more informed and informative.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
As much as Virgo's views sometimes irritate me, Warren seems to have a minor speech impediment and it's just very difficult to listen to him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
WA every time not only for his knowedge of the game,but he has overcome a stroke and has put his life together again along with the other co-commentator Sir Norman Gall both legends

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I had been meaning to post about this myself but didnt want to be too hurtful. However now its up i have to let it out . Its very simple if you are a radio commentator you need to be able to speak clearly , be insightful and intelligent. Warren Is à decent chap but he has a stutter . You can treat this . Obviously it not idéal for a radio commentator.
Sorry to be honest but it has to be said. So Virgo who Is intelligent and Can construct full and complet e sentences . Sorry i dont mean to cause any offence

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Warren for me. Virgo bitches too much.
I was "lucky" enough that player failed yet again so for much of the first half I had to listen to the Derby commentary which was much more informed and informative.

This. I listened for about 10 minutes when the Brighton feed went off and not only do they actually tell you what is happening, they were witty as well. The classic bit I heard was "It looked like he tried to back heel it into the goal whilst in mid air - great bit of skill that" to which the reply came back "no it wasn't - it didn't go in".

Edit: the thing that annoyed me last night about Virgo was that JC in the commentary kept saying "good pass from Holla", "Holla sprays it out wide to Calde" etc and then he misplaces one so AV goes off on a rant about how Holla cannot pass. So I have no idea whether Holla was any good or not now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had been meaning to post about this myself but didnt want to be too hurtful. However now its up i have to let it out . Its very simple if you are a radio commentator you need to be able to speak clearly , be insightful and intelligent. Warren Is à decent chap but he has a stutter . You can treat this . Obviously it not idéal for a radio commentator.
Sorry to be honest but it has to be said. So Virgo who Is intelligent and Can construct full and complet e sentences . Sorry i dont mean to cause any offence

WA has had a stroke, which causes his speech impediment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here