Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam johnson sacked

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What of his future career? Palace is an option for him if he wants to stay in the Premier League - otherwise maybe a move abroad if he is not locked up? Moving to a country with a lower age of consent may be a way of him finding a club who's fans will accept him.

Off to Germany then.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One man's 'nonce' is another man's 'Jack-the-lad'.
Hardly!

Adam Johnson isn't the first - and certainly won't be the last - young man to sleep with a pretty girl who looks and acts 18 but is actually underage. In some cases, the girl herself may have lied through her teeth about her age before enthusiastically hopping into bed.
But this is a case of grooming (which he's admitted), I believe initially on the internet. This makes it premeditated; he knew she was underage, but went ahead and did it anyway - that's a totally different ball game than sleeping with a pretty teenager who's lying about her age - grooming is nonce behaviour.
We don't know the extent and nature of any sexual activity which (allegedly for the moment) took place, but this isn't likely to end well for Johnson, IMHO.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The age of consent.
In Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy it is 14, and in France, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and Greece it is 15.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hardly!

Adam Johnson isn't the first - and certainly won't be the last - young man to sleep with a pretty girl who looks and acts 18 but is actually underage.

Woah woah woah.. has anything like this even been reported? Isn't it just a kiss at the moment...?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The age of consent.
In Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy it is 14, and in France, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and Greece it is 15.

There are various laws in place in those countries mentioned that mean that it isn't as simple as the age of consent being 14 or 15. For example in Italy the age of consent is 16 if the other person is some sort of authority figure (teacher etc). Germany has laws that mean anyone over 21 could be punished for having sex with a 14 and 15 year old if that person doesn't fully understand their sexual choices.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are various laws in place in those countries mentioned that mean that it isn't as simple as the age of consent being 14 or 15. For example in Italy the age of consent is 16 if the other person is some sort of authority figure (teacher etc). Germany has laws that mean anyone over 21 could be punished for having sex with a 14 and 15 year old if that person doesn't fully understand their sexual choices.

Jesus, that's not too much of a minefield then is it.
What are they supposed to do, write a dissertation on it first ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003

The actual law translated from German to English reads "exploits the victim's lack of capacity for sexual self-determination". I think it basically tries to stop someone over 21 grooming or pressuring someone into sex that they may not feel ready for despite being over the age of consent.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Blokes over 21 shouldnt be shagging 14 year olds in the first place , it might be legal but it doesnt make it right .

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Brave move by the club...this is going to cost them a couple of million at least as a lost " asset " and maybe more if Johnstone plays the " Unfair Dismissal " card.

Why ?
if he has breached his contract then they have a right to dismiss , cant see where there is an unfair case . By sacking now probably saving them money in wages as fee wise would have been written off anyway

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hardly!

Adam Johnson isn't the first - and certainly won't be the last - young man to sleep with a pretty girl who looks and acts 18 but is actually underage. In some cases, the girl herself may have lied through her teeth about her age before enthusiastically hopping into bed.
But this is a case of grooming (which he's admitted), I believe initially on the internet. This makes it premeditated; he knew she was underage, but went ahead and did it anyway - that's a totally different ball game than sleeping with a pretty teenager who's lying about her age - grooming is nonce behaviour.
We don't know the extent and nature of any sexual activity which (allegedly for the moment) took place, but this isn't likely to end well for Johnson, IMHO.

some divergence from the story there isnt there? just because he has contacted the girl over the internet (or phone, i thought) it doesn't mean he knows she is underage, that's frankly a bizarre conclusion. its considered grooming because she is underage, irrespective of whether or not he knows. presumably this is the law so that the "didnt know" isnt a defense. secondly, and i stand to be corrected, there's no charge or allegation that he actually slept with her. the charge is "sexual activity" which i assume is a qualification that excludes actual sex.

i think its going to be interesting if he's found not guilty on the charges he's pleaded guilty to. if he texted her and kissed her without knowing her age, and nothing more, is a jury going to consider that guilty as charged?

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
some divergence from the story there isnt there? just because he has contacted the girl over the internet (or phone, i thought) it doesn't mean he knows she is underage, that's frankly a bizarre conclusion. its considered grooming because she is underage, irrespective of whether or not he knows. presumably this is the law so that the "didnt know" isnt a defense. secondly, and i stand to be corrected, there's no charge or allegation that he actually slept with her. the charge is "sexual activity" which i assume is a qualification that excludes actual sex.

I am not certain but I think Johnson admitted he knew she was under the legal age of consent.

You can use the defence that you weren't aware the other person was under 16, it's only when the other person is under 13 that it cannot be used in defence, when the person is under 13 they are legally unable to consent to sex as well. In English law if the person is aged 13 to 16 they can consent to sex even though they are under the legal age.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
adam man on.jpg

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

i think its going to be interesting if he's found not guilty on the charges he's pleaded guilty to. if he texted her and kissed her without knowing her age, and nothing more, is a jury going to consider that guilty as charged?

I thought grooming is knowing the child was under age and he admitted grooming.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought grooming is knowing the child was under age and he admitted grooming.

there is potential that a jury may decide he couldn't reasonably believe she was underage. thats why i think its interesting, how people might react to that verdict.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here