Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam ElAbd

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He was one of those Albion youngsters that I really didn't rate when he started to get 1st Team footy, but he has certainly gone on to show that myself & many others were sooooooo wrong. As somebody has already said, he just goes from strength-to-strength: and we always look a better side with him in it imo. Fantastic effort by a proud local lad & a standing ovation tomorrow is a must. :clap2:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Don't wish to be a party pooper, but... his profile on the official site lists him as having so far played 284 games for the Albion.

Unless the 299 is supposed to include friendlies?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't wish to be a party pooper, but... his profile on the official site lists him as having so far played 284 games for the Albion.

Unless the 299 is supposed to include friendlies?

That figure doesn't seem to include his 15 appearances in that lower league cup. The club seem keen to forget about that.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
How long has he been with us ?

I remember his debut against QPR away in that LDV Vans Trophy or whatever it was called then.
No he had played before that.....his league debut was at notts co when I'm sure he set up a goal for Leon but think he had played in the LDV already but not v qpr

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Its already sung in the North and at away games but if we could get this going throughout the stadium it would be great!

replace Mahna Mahna with Adam El-Abd

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Represents everything you want as a fan, local, hard working, top pro and has developed into one if our most reliable players

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Jim D reckons he is Brightons Cannavaro. I agree.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Only good enough for non league apparently.

My favourite player by a mile.

Agree entirely. There was a thread started by someone questioning how El-Abd was a professional footballer, not that long ago. I'd love to find that one. Lost in the bowels of NSC. I think it was 'Kaney' or one of his many guises. I do remember [MENTION=2879]Race[/MENTION] getting involved, so I will try and dig it out.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just seen this on twitter

Adam El-Abd (who we've just interviewed) will be called up to face Benin & Nigeria (Sept 7 &11).

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I was out in Egypt recently, and was wearing my Brighton shirt which none of the locals recognised, but when I mentioned that El Abd wore this shirt every week, they were all really impressed with what they saw in his brief appearance he had in the national shirt recently :)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
From the argus:

Adam El-Abd is back in contention for Egypt and a place in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

The Albion defender has been called up by Egypt’s American coach Bob Bradley for friendlies against Benin on September 7 and Nigeria four days later.

El-Abd, whose father is Egyptian, missed out on his competitive debut for the African nation earlier this summer after playing a half in a friendly against Cameroon.

Passport delays prevented him from featuring in World Cup qualifying wins against Mozambique and Guinea.

El-Abd, 28 next month, now has his passport and Bradley has turned to the dependable centre half, who made his 300th appearance for Albion against Barnsley on Saturday.

The Seagulls could have three players away on international duty during the early September domestic fixture break, El-Abd joining Andrew Crofts (Wales) and Craig Mackail-Smith (Scotland).

Egypt resume their qualifying campaign on the road to Rio against Zimbabwe in March.

RedSteve65

Apr 3, 2011
Nice guy too. Saw him sitting in Costa Coffe in the Lanes on Thursday. My 15yo son asked for a photo and he was more than happy to talk to him and have a photo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here