Adam El-Abd

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are a very strange old man, and I'm pretty sure you are confusing me with someone else. I am more than happy to credit you with some foresight on ElAbd - you did indeed champion him before many others. However, whilst he has now come (very) good, back then, he was at times very poor. I love the guy, as he's so damned whole-hearted, but I'm not going to lie and pretend, like you, that he was actually great back then, and it was just players around him making him look bad.

Like I said - he has obviously improved and learned as he's gone along.
The bizarre mist that many people seemed to have watched him through in his earlier days, was not taking into account the situations and the people around him there. He was called upon to do way more than his responsibility should have required, and now he is complimented by better and smarter team-mates.
Anyone can see how our results are affected by his presence, versus his absence.
Putting this slant on it about him going from awful, "get rid", and to blame for far too many goals, was very wrong. Yep, loads of spectators would certainly have been happy to see him shipped out, which would have been an incredible mistake.

That you don't like my response with this "strange man" crap, is entirely down to your attitude that my post was "a load of shit".
Well, you don't like the response you asked for - tough. That makes you a "strange man" in my opinion.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
El-Abd certainally did get his share of blocks yesterday, however he is not likely to last a full match if he continues to wrestle with opponents like he did with Carroll and the radio commentry commenterd on this aspect of his play yesterday. The holding/pulling and shoving does go on and its only a question of time before referees take firm action,however Adam is not only over the top but he is not very subtle.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Do you know what? I wish he was there for the Palace game at the amex i really dont think it would have been that result.

I very much hope he will be playing for the same fixture next season (assuming we remain in this division with the scum) because I cannot imagine for ONE SECOND he'd capitulate in the same way as the rest of the players that day let us down. He just doesn't give up.

GREAT player and a massive asset to our team right now

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What a superb performance yesterday. I don't think a thread has been dedicated to his brilliance yet, but he deserves one. Block after block in the first half, positionally he was spot on every time and was never troubled. And this is the guy who was replaced at 3-0 down at half time to Walsall a couple of years ago. Much as I like Lewis Dunk, I think he will have a bit of time to rest himself now because El-Abd and Greer's partnership is perfect for this team. Chopra is a dangerous striker and the only chance he had came from a slip, and we all know how that ended up.

A couple of years ago I was all for releasing El-Abd and didn't rate him at all. What a transformation, I have never seen a player improve as much as he has in the last couple of years.

What a man.

I tapped to talk.

Agreed, him and Greer were simply outstanding.

Loved the way he joined CMS at the end too back on the pitch.

With the side we have now, and players avaivable, anything is possible.

What a difference to Christmas time. (Coventry/Reading)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
El-Abd certainally did get his share of blocks yesterday, however he is not likely to last a full match if he continues to wrestle with opponents like he did with Carroll and the radio commentry commenterd on this aspect of his play yesterday. The holding/pulling and shoving does go on and its only a question of time before referees take firm action,however Adam is not only over the top but he is not very subtle.

Contrary to popular belief, referees are not stupid and yesterday's tv coverage showed Carroll for what he is, a diving donkey. Greer has had more red cards than El-Abd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports