| Apps1= 232
| Goals1= (4)
| Season2= 2003
| Club2= → Bognor Regis Town (loan)
| Apps2= 2
| Goals2= (0)
| DataCorrectDate= 16th July 2011
[/TEMPLATE]
Adam Mohamad El-Abd (born 11 September 1984) is an Egyptian-English footballer who plays for [WIKI]Brighton & Hove Albion[/WIKI] as a defender.

[H="Early and Personal Life"]Early and Personal Life[/H]

Born in Brighton, East Sussex,[FOOTNOTE]Hugman, Barry J., ed (2005). The PFA Premier & Football League Players' Records 1946–2005. Queen Anne Press. p. 191. ISBN 1852916656.[/FOOTNOTE] to an Egyptian father and a British mother, El-Abd holds dual-nationality. His older brother Joe plays professional Rugby Union and is currently playing for Toulon in France. His younger brother Sami was an apprentice at Brighton, before moving to non-league football with Crawley Town. .

[H="Career"]Career[/H]

El-Abd joined Brighton's youth department when he was ten and was granted a scholarship there at 16. He signed his first professional contract of two-and-a-half years with Brighton & Hove Albion at the age of 19. He made his full league debut for the club in the 2-1 win at [WIKI]Notts County[/WIKI] in November 2003. He has since been a regular in the first team squad and can play either in defence at right-back or centre-half, or in a more defensive midfield type role.

During the game at [WIKI]Huddersfield Town[/WIKI] on 18 March 2008, El-Abd was stretchered off with medial ligament damage and ruled out for the remainder of the season.

In November El Abd made his 250th appearance for the club in a 0-0 draw at [WIKI]Southampton[/WIKI].

On 5 June 2008, it was revealed that El-Abd had signed a new two-year deal with Brighton.[FOOTNOTE]El-Abd signs new deal[/FOOTNOTE]

[H="International Ambitions"]International Ambitions[/H]
El-Abd has stated in a 2005 interview with EgyptianPlayers.com that he intends to play for the Egyptian national side if he gets the call. He said: "Hopefully I'll do my best to get into the team [Brighton] over here, so that then the Egyptian national team coach can see me play. And it's always been a dream for me to play for Egypt."[FOOTNOTE]El-Abd walks like an Egyptian![/FOOTNOTE]

[H="References"]References[/H]
[REFLIST][/REFLIST]

[CATEGORY]Players[/CATEGORY]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here