Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El Abd - Pathetic

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I will probably get flamed for this, i dont like slagging players off, but El Abd is a total embarrassment.

There is absolutely no place in football for PATHETIC cheating trying to get a fellow player sent off.

He is built like a brick shit house, he gets shoved in the chest and goes down holding his eye, and rolls around like a little girl. Then to call on the physio to treat his "injury" was just ridiculous.

No need for it, ridiculous behavior like this needs to be eradicated from the game, especially our club as we try to attract fans going into Falmer

For being such a pathetic embarrassment he should be suspended by the club. I know we are short of centre backs but he needs to be made an example of as it's not the first time he's done it.

El Abd disgraced himself, should have been booked, and therefore sent off when he took out Mellor later on in the first half

Rant over

Last edited:

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
evil-santa.jpg

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I agree with you Brett, it was embarrassing. It did make me laugh a bit at the time though.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I am surprised he is still with the club / in the team, never rated him that much, I accept he is B&HA through and through, but his skills as a footballer are Div 2 at best, in my opinion.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Not the first time either, it's odd considering his physique and overall attitude to the game- and the fact his brother is a meathead egg chaser...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Looking forward to reading the various El-Abd views on this thread as he is a player who courts differing opinions although the majority do seem to be more negative than positive.

I was one of his biggest critics following one too many errors (Huddersfield away 7-1) but I thought he had turned a corner at the end of last season beginning of this and a fourteenth chance of forgiveness was offered.

Not being there yesterday I can't comment on Mendoza's rant but is it time to face facts and realise he is not up to the task?

A squad player at best?

coops

Dec 28, 2005
newhaven
So we call for arguably our best defender so far this season to be dropped when we don't have anyone else fit to play! Great supporters. I agree he should not play act but its understandable when others do.

Why not criticise our new captain - GREER - has cost us by his stupidity on home debut.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
El Abd has always been a cheat. For such a muscle man the bloke is an utter embarrassment to be honest. A big fairy. He should be made to play in a Tutu.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I agree totally with mendoza - posted a similar though less articulate comment myself on another thread just a couple of minutes before.

I like El Abd's commitment as a player, but we used to have to worry about his petulance getting him in trouble, and now he has become a cheat in the way british players were supposed not to behave!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
And the Rochdale player last week didn't? Come on lads, it's football, its the norm now.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I agree he needs to cut this out of his game. Painter was also shoved in the chest yesterday and appeared to ignore it. I will get flamed for this, but do you remember Dan Harding's reaction to Elliott Bennett last season, does this mean Harding is tougher than El Abd?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
And the Northampton guy the week before!

Can't remember Brett ranting about those two 'cheats'

Wasn't at Northampton, only seen the highlights. What Sparrow did was stupid.Red card not sure but we didn't appeal against it

Greers one was stupid too, it was a red in my opinion. Elding obviously milked it. Cheating, yeah it probably was, but not in El Abds league.

By the way, I think El Abd is playing well and on form alone should be starting at centre back

But his cheating antics make me really not like him, he should be made an example of...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Wasn't at Northampton, only seen the highlights. What Sparrow did was stupid.Red card not sure but we didn't appeal against it

Greers one was stupid too, it was a red in my opinion. Elding obviously milked it. Cheating, yeah it probably was, but not in El Abds league.

By the way, I think El Abd is playing well and on form alone should be starting at centre back

But his cheating antics make me really not like him, he should be made an example of...

Completely disagree. They all do it. What Mellor did yesterday was similar to what Sparrow and Greer did and this time the referee bottled it. I don't understand why they can't be consistent. El Abd did exactly what the Rochdale player did last week and a lot of people on here were saying how stupid Greer was. So turn it around and Mellor shouldn't have raised his hands.

As for Sparrow, we didn't appeal against it because the FA's panel is flawed and always back the referee and often give an extra game ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here