Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Adam Chicksen

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Been called up for Zimbabwe for their forthcoming years internationals, well done Adam!

Disappointing he never made it her, cam with so much potential and at times showed the undoubted class he has but good to see his career is now blossoming with international football and a big fans favourite at Bradford.
Huge fans favourite here and one of the first faces we think of in that era - always had international pedigree etc etc…

Come on Crodo.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Good to see him doing well, maybe he'll be able to carve out a solid few years in League 2 or even League 1. He was never capable of playing in the Championship, without being massively out of his depth and one of the players that makes me feel sorry for Sami Hyypia. He must keep an eye on some of the squad he was given to work with and wonder what might have been had some of them been good players. And if he'd been a good manager.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He was truly woeful and way way out of his depth.
And gifted a squad of players who haven't thrived before or since. I think he was rubbish and unlikely to have ever been a success, but the squad he had was truly shocking and gave him absolutely no chance at all. No quality in attack, a fat man in goal and a midfield duo of Bambi and a boy without knees.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And gifted a squad of players who haven't thrived before or since. I think he was rubbish and unlikely to have ever been a success, but the squad he had was truly shocking and gave him absolutely no chance at all. No quality in attack, a fat man in goal and a midfield duo of Bambi and a boy without knees.
Oh I agree. It's just interesting what Chrissy did with the same squad when he came in. Somehow a good manager (and yes I still think CH as a good manager for us) gets even the shittiest of players to step it up and play as a team.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Oh I agree. It's just interesting what Chrissy did with the same squad when he came in. Somehow a good manager (and yes I still think CH as a good manager for us) gets even the shittiest of players to step it up and play as a team.
To be fair, the bar was incredibly low and we weren't much better under Chris than we had been under Hyypia in terms of scoring goals. We conceded fewer, which was the key - but that team stayed up with 47 points and just 44 goals. The bottom 5 that season were rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

Where Chris did really well was getting in Kayal in that January, but then Hemed et al that summer and really got us moving. I'm not sure how much influence he had on the transfer process behind the scenes but it certainly seemed to get a lot better after Burke had left.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Chris actually did very little with that squad for the remainder of that season and we were actually quite lucky to stay up. We then bought some decent quality and started to look like contenders under Hughton.

Hyppia was dreadful regardless.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Chris actually did very little with that squad for the remainder of that season and we were actually quite lucky to stay up. We then bought some decent quality and started to look like contenders under Hughton.

Hyppia was dreadful regardless.

Always felt that Hughton, knew that there was little value in doing any more than just stay up that season.
I felt he wanted an argument, to get TB to open the purse strings a little more, for the promotion push in the following season.

Leon Best seemed to get a ridiculous amount of game time, in the final run in.
A player , that definitely wasn't "up for the fight".

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Always felt that Hughton, knew that there was little value in doing any more than just stay up that season.
I felt he wanted an argument, to get TB to open the purse strings a little more, for the promotion push in the following season.

Leon Best seemed to get a ridiculous amount of game time, in the final run in.
A player , that definitely wasn't "up for the fight".
The only thing Leon Best was up, was his own arse.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rohan "second touch is ALWAYS a tackle" Ince was a great player?

Not sure I can go along with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here