Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Ant

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
When you say he went barmy I assume you're referring to that episode in 2002 when he went into a pub with a starting pistol and also threw a car alternator through the window. As a result he was sectioned under the Mental Health Act. Adam Ant has had a long and well established history of struggling with bi-polar depression even prior to and at the height of his fame which got worse when his popularity waned. He's been sectioned or admitted to psychiatric units several times since that incident in 2002 and still has episodes so is never actually ok, he just copes with and manages his condition with varying degrees of success. He was most recently sectioned in 2010 for some minor incident. There was a documentary made called the Madness of Adam Ant which dealt specifically with his mental health issues and in which he spoke candidly of his history of depression. (see link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gl5jr2BE-4
Unlike most 80s revival acts which is what I suppose he actually is I think his need to continue performing has an added significance in that it helps him channel his mental health issues into something creative and time absorbing. Without that I think his problems would be significantly worse. So with that in mind I wish him well and hope he continues to perform. He actually looks pretty good too considering his age (62) and carries off his new look pretty well judging by this recent photo and somehow manages to avoid looking like a sad caricature of his former self View attachment 85588

thanks for posting that, very interesting. I had no idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here