Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Acme Thunderer comes out of retirement (scam related)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it’s a woman that calls I generally ask them what they’re wearing.

You are Jimmy Savile and I claim my £5 postal order.

Green Shield stamps will suffice.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A mate of a mate had a great way of dealing with the JWs. He opened the door stark bollock naked. :drool:

B9F4608D-9D8E-4C6A-A6D2-40AD7318DA1B.jpeg

They only came to my house the once :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was interviewed on the radio a few years ago with my technique.

Just keep them going for ages a few times and they mark you down as a time waster and the calls soon stop.

Having said that I get about ten 0845 numbers a week on my mobile. They ring twice and hang up, but those are automated calls.

Had an odd one recently where they spoofed an actual mobile number. I tracked it down to a non league football coach.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That’s all well and good, until you realise that it’s a genuine call from HMRC.

Pedant alert. HMRC never ring, they always write.

If I don’t recognise a number, I don’t answer it. If it is genuine, they leave a voicemail.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Pedant alert. HMRC never ring, they always write.

If I don’t recognise a number, I don’t answer it. If it is genuine, they leave a voicemail.

Not entirely accurate. HMRC's debt collection office will call. However, when you try to take them through security (ie what is my UTR) they refuse to comply and all my conversations with them at that point come to an end.

They will NEVER call about a repayment though. Those calls are ALWAYS a scam. As are the "I'm just around the corner and if you don't pay in the next five minutes I will be knocking on your door"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not entirely accurate. HMRC's debt collection office will call. However, when you try to take them through security (ie what is my UTR) they refuse to comply and all my conversations with them at that point come to an end.

They will NEVER call about a repayment though. Those calls are ALWAYS a scam. As are the "I'm just around the corner and if you don't pay in the next five minutes I will be knocking on your door"

Having never been in debt with HMRC, I wouldn't know that. :angel: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here