Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] AC/DC Wembley July 2024

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Looks mostly sold out and resale tickets already on Ticketmaster to the tune of £348 for a standing ticket. How is this still allowed to happen?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Looks mostly sold out and resale tickets already on Ticketmaster to the tune of £348 for a standing ticket. How is this still allowed to happen?

Because bands like this, their shows are largely attended by people that go to gigs once every five years. Middle aged blokes with plenty of disposable income.

Not saying that’s a bad thing. But that’s the reason.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Because the Government won’t do anything about touting and the ticket companies love it as they get paid twice.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Keep an eye on Twickets. Face value tickets (plus fees) and nearer the gig there are usually discounted tickets available. When Blur played a couple of days at Wembley recently you could get tickets for £12 in the days leading up to the shows

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Was persistent and just snagged a lower bowl seat for the Sunday in the last few minutes. If you are still looking keep refreshing, you may get lucky. Also any tickets bought on Gigs and Tours might end up on twickets nearer the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Phil Lynott was a genius, shame the likes of Geldof cast him aside when he really needed them.
I regret never having seen Thin Lizzy, but they were just a few years before my gig going time. Unique sound, great songs, great musicianship and a charismatic front man.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Keep an eye on Twickets. Face value tickets (plus fees) and nearer the gig there are usually discounted tickets available. When Blur played a couple of days at Wembley recently you could get tickets for £12 in the days leading up to the show
Twickets is amazing but those £12 tickets were a result of Blur having to give away thousands of tickets for free to NHS workers because they did more dates than there was face value demand for. That isn't going to happen here!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I regret never having seen Thin Lizzy, but they were just a few years before my gig going time. Unique sound, great songs, great musicianship and a charismatic front man.
Ditto. The only chance I really had was 1983 Reading Festival right at the end of their career with Phil. However, even in my late teens I was not a big fan of big field festivals in a tent. Big mistake really as I could have also seen The Stranglers on the first night although I recall they didn't go down well with the predominant rock/metal crowd.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They have added extra dates in Germany now. These have just gone up. Maybe they will do the same in the UK?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’d be cautious about spending a packet going to see some septuagenarian rockers with barely any original members.

Having said that, they could pull it out of the bag.

Nicks

Lucky and old enough to have seen them twice. Once in Glasgow in 78/79 when Angus Young disappeared off stage and reappeared in the top stalls next to me on someone's shoulders playing the guitar !!!!
Then again in 80 at Hammersmith Apollo.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I’d be cautious about spending a packet going to see some septuagenarian rockers with barely any original members.

Having said that, they could pull it out of the bag.
True but with Brian and Angus you do have the main focuses of their live performance.

Age is no barrier as my two faves Iron Maiden and Metallica are no spring chickens but both still smashing it out of the park in stadiums around the world.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
True but with Brian and Angus you do have the main focuses of their live performance.

Age is no barrier as my two faves Iron Maiden and Metallica are no spring chickens but both still smashing it out of the park in stadiums around the world.

Never seen Metallica and not that keen. But I’ve seen Iron Maiden a few times. One of my favourite metal bands.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Was lucky enough to see AC/DC in the 1980s when Angus was still young enough to get away with the school boy outfit and was physically able to run across the stage and complete a flip off a trampet at the side while still playing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never seen Metallica and not that keen. But I’ve seen Iron Maiden a few times. One of my favourite metal bands.
When I was a teen me and friends used to travel to London in the mid to late 80s and saw most rock and metal acts of the time. I still love the spectacle and pantomime of a huge bells and whistles rock show and have seen ACDC, Metallica, Def Leppard and Maiden in recent years. I also used to see Motorhead most Xmases as well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When I was a teen me and friends used to travel to London in the mid to late 80s and saw most rock and metal acts of the time. I still love the spectacle and pantomime of a huge bells and whistles rock show and have seen ACDC, Metallica, Def Leppard and Maiden in recent years. I also used to see Motorhead most Xmases as well.

I did similar with a chum few years ago. We went to arena shows as much as we could.

We saw Aerosmith, Maiden, Rollins Band.AC/DC, Soufly (though that was at Concorde 2! They usually play massive stadiums. It was carnage 🤣)
Rammstein was also a standout for me.

Hoping to see them in Tubthumper country this year. I can’t recommend their show enough. Mind blowing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here