Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely disgraceful

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As I said on the PnR thread a WHU fan I work with was mightily impressed with the trains back after the game!

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Would you rather we had a half filled stadium a la Selhurst Park for evening games, or a full stadium but with people leaving with 5 minutes to go? Don't forget they could have easily not bothered going at all last night and just watched it on the telly

Ah, this old chestnut.

Again.

An interesting stat would be to see who has the most fans, in the stadium, with ten minutes to go.

Selhurst is a nightmare to get to and from yet you don't see the fans leaving in their droves when 0-1 down. We stay & support our team until the end.

And yes, I'll be at the game tonight, travelling from Southampton & I predict 13k fans there, 2k of them being Saints fans, but as long as we win, I don't care.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Ah, this old chestnut.

Again.

An interesting stat would be to see who has the most fans, in the stadium, with ten minutes to go.

Selhurst is a nightmare to get to and from yet you don't see the fans leaving in their droves when 0-1 down. We stay & support our team until the end.

And yes, I'll be at the game tonight, travelling from Southampton & I predict 13k fans there, 2k of them being Saints fans, but as long as we win, I don't care.

That's simple then because with ten mins to go last night I would say that between the west stand and north stand alone there were more home fans in the stadium than at any time of the palace game tonight. Add the 2k west hame fans and at least half the east stand and I reckon there were still 16k+ in the stadium when the game went into injury time

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
That's simple then because with ten mins to go last night I would say that between the west stand and north stand alone there were more home fans in the stadium than at any time of the palace game tonight. Add the 2k west hame fans and at least half the east stand and I reckon there were still 16k+ in the stadium when the game went into injury time

Thank you. I didn't get to see the game last night as working so wasn't sure exactly how many had left very early.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

The scoreline is not relevant to people leaving early at the Amex. It would be the same if we were winning 2-0. It's about transport congestion. You don't have that problem at Selhurst in the same way for various reasons. One, because a lot of people can walk or get a bus. Two, because you have more than one station to choose from. And three, because those stations are a walk away, so the crowd thins a bit. Plus you can park near the ground, as I have many times.

I don't like people leaving early, and I don't myself - but I know why they are, because it can cost you an hour getting home from a night game. These are real people with real jobs to go to in the morning, and that matters.

I know a couple of West Ham fans who were at the game last night. They left early, not because they were losing, but because they were so depressed at the shit Allardyce is serving up even when 1-0 up. As a by-product, they got back to Brighton and were back in London before 11pm. For most Hammers fans (and London-based Seagulls) that would have been midnight.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not everybody lives in Sussex or is local to Brighton for that matter. Factor in that some of us also have to get up early to go to work. As usual Hurst and doone his usual trick of only seeing things from his perspective.

The foolishness of youth I suppose.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
The scoreline is not relevant to people leaving early at the Amex. It would be the same if we were winning 2-0. It's about transport congestion. You don't have that problem at Selhurst in the same way for various reasons. One, because a lot of people can walk or get a bus. Two, because you have more than one station to choose from. And three, because those stations are a walk away, so the crowd thins a bit. Plus you can park near the ground, as I have many times.

I don't like people leaving early, and I don't myself - but I know why they are, because it can cost you an hour getting home from a night game. These are real people with real jobs to go to in the morning, and that matters.

I know a couple of West Ham fans who were at the game last night. They left early, not because they were losing, but because they were so depressed at the shit Allardyce is serving up even when 1-0 up. As a by-product, they got back to Brighton and were back in London before 11pm. For most Hammers fans (and London-based Seagulls) that would have been midnight.

Allardyce has served up shit all season. Hit & hope hoof ball with the squad he has at his disposal must be hard to take for the WHU faithful.

I have a mad rush to Waterloo tonight if the game goes to extra time & penalties. Dependant on a connecting train at Clapham to Waterloo I may not get back until 6am. Won't miss it for the world though :)

I drove down from Nottingham yesterday - 4 hours down, 3 hours back and did stay until the final whistle. I always do. Presumably there were early leavers at the Doncaster game who missed the best part of the whole game! I dare not risk that.

Having said that, there are numerous reasons why people leave early and it's probably rarely to do with how we're playing. At least they turned up and paid their money, so they're entitled to leave whenever they like. Although I appreciate it doesn't look good seeing hundreds of people leaving before the end.

I park at Lewes station, have a couple of beers around the town with some old mates and then literally squeeze onto the train to Falmer. It's like hell on earth on those trains, but I really don't know what the answer is. You're all standing there crushed together, gasping for air, with expressions like stunned goldfish! :eek: However, the journey is very short thankfully and you get some brilliant banter going on purely because of the conditions...don't fancy breathing in all those germs in the winter though! :down:

I'm trying to think about other 20k+ away grounds I've been to recently and what the after match travel experience is like. Sheffield Wednesday - easy, just walked 500 yards to the car and got away very quickly. Aston Villa - similar to the cattle truck train nightmare we have now. Forest - easy, people seem to just disperse very quickly in numerous directions. Leicester - parked 200 metres from the ground, but then couldn't get out of the car park for 45 minutes! Leeds - similar to Leicester.

Perhaps we could concrete over a square mile of the downs as an overflow car park! But even then you'd have to get out of it and onto the A23 which would no doubt take ages...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So Sky won't be back again to f*** about with the fixtures when fans have to get last or connecting trains on a wet Monday night because they moved it in the first place? Sky need a reality check and when it all goes tits up for them eventually no-one will give a shit because they've had it too good for far too long now. Arrogant wankers.

Indeed. :clap2:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Not everybody lives in Sussex or is local to Brighton for that matter. Factor in that some of us also have to get up early to go to work. As usual Hurst and doone his usual trick of only seeing things from his perspective.

The foolishness of youth I suppose.

It really shouldn't matter, I've watched Brighton away in Lancashire and Yorkshire on a tue night, and not even thought of leaving early because of work. Be Tired and get an early night the following eve, Simples!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Allardyce has served up shit all season. Hit & hope hoof ball with the squad he has at his disposal must be hard to take for the WHU faithful.

I have a mad rush to Waterloo tonight if the game goes to extra time & penalties. Dependant on a connecting train at Clapham to Waterloo I may not get back until 6am. Won't miss it for the world though :)

Good on you. But people with kids aren't in the same position of being able to simply be able to cope with getting back in the wee small hours if it came to it. As I have said before, I would much rather the people turned up for the first 85/90 minutes and left just before the end, than if they didn't bother turning up at all. Until the transport waiting times improve at the Amex this will always be an issue, maybe even more so if planning permission is granted for the extra 10k seats.

And it has nothing to do with supporting the team or not, as ROSM said, there were still at least 16k fans still in the ground at the final whistle

D

Deleted member 18477

You're a joke account so I shouldn't really respond but I will. What tax has to do with anything in this thread I have no idea, I pay for a ticket with money I've earned, just like you. Maybe you're just jealous that you're a middle aged man who has thrown his life away and has to post on a message board on the internet to feel big, or maybe you're my age in which case I need not reply, because that's hilarious. OR you're just a nutcase throwing about you're silly joke account replies.

you shouldn't really, but you did. I always get a reaction out of folk like you. Makes me chuckle. The 'pay some tax' is a standard reply to students. it's not meant to be offensive, it is just a little ha ha.

- 'middle aged man who has thrown his life away and has to post on a message board on the internet to feel big?' - Laughable judgement. You think your better than a middle aged man who has a steady job already and probably a mortgage? Don't think many middle aged men on here would take too kindly to that opinion. disrespectful.

- 'or maybe you're my age in which case I need not reply, because that's hilarious?' - not sure why thats hilarious but whatever floats your boat. Maybe it's because i'm your age, earn twice what you'll earn when you come out of school - minus the big DEBT and you think i'm in a strong career position already perhaps? jealousy.

- 'OR you're just a nutcase throwing about you're silly joke account replies?' - I could potentially be a nutcase but you'd struggle to work that out from a couple of posts on here. And if i were a nutcase i'd be careful about slagging one off. pwropa nutty geezer.

don't judge a book by it's cover as they say... i would never reveal personal details about myself on a forum like this anyhow, the internet can get you into trouble these days... you should know that... as a student... and all that...

moral of the story is though... no one is 'better' than anyone. studying for a law degree or not, leaving a game early or not - you will be treated the same as everyone else no matter how good you think you are. it's called 'living in the real world'.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I drove down from Nottingham yesterday - 4 hours down, 3 hours back and did stay until the final whistle. I always do. Presumably there were early leavers at the Doncaster game who missed the best part of the whole game! I dare not risk that.

Having said that, there are numerous reasons why people leave early and it's probably rarely to do with how we're playing. At least they turned up and paid their money, so they're entitled to leave whenever they like. Although I appreciate it doesn't look good seeing hundreds of people leaving before the end.

I park at Lewes station, have a couple of beers around the town with some old mates and then literally squeeze onto the train to Falmer. It's like hell on earth on those trains, but I really don't know what the answer is. You're all standing there crushed together, gasping for air, with expressions like stunned goldfish! :eek: However, the journey is very short thankfully and you get some brilliant banter going on purely because of the conditions...don't fancy breathing in all those germs in the winter though! :down:

I'm trying to think about other 20k+ away grounds I've been to recently and what the after match travel experience is like. Sheffield Wednesday - easy, just walked 500 yards to the car and got away very quickly. Aston Villa - similar to the cattle truck train nightmare we have now. Forest - easy, people seem to just disperse very quickly in numerous directions. Leicester - parked 200 metres from the ground, but then couldn't get out of the car park for 45 minutes! Leeds - similar to Leicester.

Perhaps we could concrete over a square mile of the downs as an overflow car park! But even then you'd have to get out of it and onto the A23 which would no doubt take ages...

Add Derby to that list, another amazingly easy place to get out of. And that's 30,000+ people!

Something has to be done quickly about falmer transportation. It can't be that hard shirley!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Add Derby to that list, another amazingly easy place to get out of. And that's 30,000+ people!

Something has to be done quickly about falmer transportation. It can't be that hard shirley!

I'm sure the club is open to ideas if it really isn't that hard, as you suggest. They could hire more park & ride buses (which costs them more money), but how quickly they can get in and out will remain a problem unless the roads can be widened. The Bennetts Field car park, I think, has made it harder for the buses. Trains are up to Southern and Network Rail. I'm not sure what they can do about the weather (which was a factor last night).

I was able to stay to the end because I live in central Brighton, so getting away early wasn't an issue. I understand that fans who live outside the fair city itself have problems, but people who moan about not getting back to Hove until 11.30 is a bit rich -to each his or her own. Personally I accept that standing in the rain occasionally waiting for a bus is part of the deal we had to accept in return for getting to watch Albion at a magnificent stadium. But I might take up the suggestion (and again, I know it's not for everyone) of walking back down the Lewes Road and getting a bus there in future.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It really shouldn't matter, I've watched Brighton away in Lancashire and Yorkshire on a tue night, and not even thought of leaving early because of work. Be Tired and get an early night the following eve, Simples!

If you have a job that allows you top coast through the day that's fine, some of us have to stay focused on ours though.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
you shouldn't really, but you did. I always get a reaction out of folk like you. Makes me chuckle. The 'pay some tax' is a standard reply to students. it's not meant to be offensive, it is just a little ha ha.

- 'middle aged man who has thrown his life away and has to post on a message board on the internet to feel big?' - Laughable judgement. You think your better than a middle aged man who has a steady job already and probably a mortgage? Don't think many middle aged men on here would take too kindly to that opinion. disrespectful.

- 'or maybe you're my age in which case I need not reply, because that's hilarious?' - not sure why thats hilarious but whatever floats your boat. Maybe it's because i'm your age, earn twice what you'll earn when you come out of school - minus the big DEBT and you think i'm in a strong career position already perhaps? jealousy.

- 'OR you're just a nutcase throwing about you're silly joke account replies?' - I could potentially be a nutcase but you'd struggle to work that out from a couple of posts on here. And if i were a nutcase i'd be careful about slagging one off. pwropa nutty geezer.

don't judge a book by it's cover as they say... i would never reveal personal details about myself on a forum like this anyhow, the internet can get you into trouble these days... you should know that... as a student... and all that...

moral of the story is though... no one is 'better' than anyone. studying for a law degree or not, leaving a game early or not - you will be treated the same as everyone else no matter how good you think you are. it's called 'living in the real world'.

Lol. I never asked to be judged upon what degree I'm studying. Nor did I ask for a pros and cons of uni lecture. By the way, I hope all of you defending the case have written a complaint to the two commentators last night, they don't know man, they just don't know the horrors.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds

it's different watching an away game now and then and getting home late doing it every week is painful and does not make it easier when the transport is of a poor standard, people who call fans travelling 100s of miles every home game plastic are thick as shit, how can somebody be plastic who takes 4 times as long as the game itself just to get there and back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here