Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well.. what isnt the strength of Lamptey other than his hamstring? Think he would be a dirty good winger.

We had a player called Will Buckley, he was quick (not Olympic quick like Lamptey), and his hamstrings were an issue as well. Some put it down to the Amex pitch which I’m told is quite firm.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
i have a scoop - albion will "sign" a new striker next month when the beloved Lamptey returns as our new centre forward, partnering maupay/and.or.welbeck up front. The manager says that Lamptey has some fantastic darting runs that can split the defence but it was asking too much of him doing that from defence. By playing up front he also avoids a lot of the incessent tackling he was getting from the oppo.

Lamptey = VIRGO MKII

I was wondering who our ‘Dan Burn equivalent’ unlikely conversion to striker would be, given how short we’d be. That’s not a bad shout!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think you've taken my original reply out of context there Timbo. Go and read ditchy's original post, and I quote, "I believe the club may have not been looking but for that type of signing all along and prefer a goal scoring midfielder" to which I merely replied why peruse and stimulate a rumour of the perceived target for the whole summer then....or words to that effect. I think you will find the club and Potts are not backward in denying/quashing many a rumour via the usual media streams.???

Fair enough. I just saw your post #443 and responded to that

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
My mate text me saying in typical Brighton fashion this lad will probably help Stoke to promotion replacing us in the PL :facepalm:

When has that ever happened at Brighton? In any division?

Sounds a lot like all those people who were convinced we weren't going to get promoted in 2016/17 because it was typical Brighton to blow a 10 point lead even though that had never happened either.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I really don't get this.. One of the most promising young strikers around. He's got everything that we need and we loan him out because he's young despite what he has already proven I think we've messed up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really don't get this.. One of the most promising young strikers around. He's got everything that we need and we loan him out because he's young despite what he has already proven I think we've messed up.

I too am shocked and surprised but I am pretty sure GP would have sanctioned this? GP is being set up for a very rough ride if the lack of new strikers comes back to bite us. We could, of course, start scoring a hatful from midfield and free kicks/corners which would deflect the pressure on the forwards who may well benefit from help in goal scoring. We make the chances and it’s not just the forwards who fecked up so many chances last season.

GP will stand or fall by this summer’s transfer window, with the fans if not TB. He would have had quite a substantial input imo.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I too am shocked and surprised but I am pretty sure GP would have sanctioned this? GP is being set up for a very rough ride if the lack of new strikers comes back to bite us. We could, of course, start scoring a hatful from midfield and free kicks/corners which would deflect the pressure on the forwards who may well benefit from help in goal scoring. We make the chances and it’s not just the forwards who fecked up so many chances last season.

GP will stand or fall by this summer’s transfer window, with the fans if not TB. He would have had quite a substantial input imo.

I really don't think GP has much of a say at all, he's just there to coach.. It's the board who make these decisions I firmly believe. Maybe Potter should have more of a backbone and tell them what we have isn't enough, every supporter can see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here