Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Well, it’s happened, and I don’t think the cavalry are coming. I can only assume that the coaching staff are seeing incredible things from Connolly in training that aren’t yet transferring onto the pitch in competitive matches. I have to trust the coaching staff, but this doesn’t feel comfortable to me.

Hoping to be proved completely wrong and for Connolly to go from strength to strength, but it feels to me like he’s had a lot more chances than Tau/Zeqiri etc. ever got, and hasn’t really taken them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If that really is the case why on earth not deny our interest in Nunez back at the end of June instead of operating one of the biggest prick teasing summers in the clubs recent history and don't get my started on who's going to be the goal scoring midfielder.: annoyed:

Why would Potter confirm or deny an interest? What has the club got to gain?

If he says we have no interest and then we subsequently sign that player, people will say he wasn’t first choice. If he says we are interested and we don’t sign him fans will say we chased him all summer and failed.

There’s nothing to gain by being open and honest, it’s better to say nothing. It’s a wonder any deals actually get over the line given the number or parties and issues involved.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The press. The selling clubs. Seriously, you need to keep up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough but unless I’m being whooshed I take what’s in the papers with a pinch of salt and can’t recall seeing a club announcing that we are chasing one of their players. However I don’t do Twitter, Facebook, etc

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Look, this guy can't be worse than Connolly.

Can't Stoke have Connolly?

Jesus f*cking Christ!!!!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Why did Tony Bloom buy USG? To increase his footprint.

Sure, he can use the club as a nursery for players who aren't ready to play for Brighton, but it was - of course - a well-planned increase in his portfolio. The real action however is here in England, where the money is.

This is why he trawls Europe, buys young, undiscovered, green players eager to play in England, for far lower purchase prices and lower wages than the equivalent cost of experienced players, farming them out on loan to eager clubs who can't otherwise afford them.

He's doing the same thing. He's increasing his footprint.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Maybe GP is comfortable not playing a recognised striker and prefers playing a false 9 (I hate that term ,but can't think of another).NSC and all others are crying out for a recognised striker, but I believe the club may have not been looking for that type of signing all along and prefer a goal scoring midfielder. Again they still haven't got that ,but that reminds to be seen!

Maybe GP is being let down by not being given the tools he needs or desires?

He's being asked over and again to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Why would Potter confirm or deny an interest? What has the club got to gain?

If he says we have no interest and then we subsequently sign that player, people will say he wasn’t first choice. If he says we are interested and we don’t sign him fans will say we chased him all summer and failed.

There’s nothing to gain by being open and honest, it’s better to say nothing. It’s a wonder any deals actually get over the line given the number or parties and issues involved.

I think you've taken my original reply out of context there Timbo. Go and read ditchy's original post, and I quote, "I believe the club may have not been looking but for that type of signing all along and prefer a goal scoring midfielder" to which I merely replied why peruse and stimulate a rumour of the perceived target for the whole summer then....or words to that effect. I think you will find the club and Potts are not backward in denying/quashing many a rumour via the usual media streams.???

i have a scoop - albion will "sign" a new striker next month when the beloved Lamptey returns as our new centre forward, partnering maupay/and.or.welbeck up front. The manager says that Lamptey has some fantastic darting runs that can split the defence but it was asking too much of him doing that from defence. By playing up front he also avoids a lot of the incessent tackling he was getting from the oppo.

Lamptey = VIRGO MKII

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
i have a scoop - albion will "sign" a new striker next month when the beloved Lamptey returns as our new centre forward, partnering maupay/and.or.welbeck up front. The manager says that Lamptey has some fantastic darting runs that can split the defence but it was asking too much of him doing that from defence. By playing up front he also avoids a lot of the incessent tackling he was getting from the oppo.

Lamptey = VIRGO MKII

Lamptey playing higher up the pitch with Veltman keeping his RB/RWB role is something I could see happening, definitely. Potter even said so in January or February when Lamptey had been out for a while and Veltman was playing well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lamptey playing higher up the pitch with Veltman keeping his RB/RWB role is something I could see happening, definitely. Potter even said so in January or February when Lamptey had been out for a while and Veltman was playing well.

Not a bad call, though didn’t Lamptey look a bit lost when we tried that in one game?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Not a bad call, though didn’t Lamptey look a bit lost when we tried that in one game?

He did.

Some players love driving from deep, drawing players in and stretching the opponents… playing as a winger is a very different prospect, often having little time and space to get that run and playing with your back to goal too… I fear lamptey is in the former camp and he’s brilliant at it too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Are you referring to the United game in the post-lockdown part of 19/20? He played as RM then with Montoya behind him, and did not have a very good day. But its difficult to say a lot from that performance... it was a throw-away game where GP rested a lot of players to prepare for the massive Norwich game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Are you referring to the United game in the post-lockdown part of 19/20? He played as RM then with Montoya behind him, and did not have a very good day. But its difficult to say a lot from that performance... it was a throw-away game where GP rested a lot of players to prepare for the massive Norwich game.

Can’t remember the game, just remember him struggling positionally.

I agree it was one-off, but throw away or not if you fail with the basics, it’s not a great start.

Not the worst suggestion but why not play to the strengths of your better players?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can’t remember the game, just remember him struggling positionally.

I agree it was one-off, but throw away or not if you fail with the basics, it’s not a great start.

Not the worst suggestion but why not play to the strengths of your better players?

Well.. what isnt the strength of Lamptey other than his hamstring? Think he would be a dirty good winger.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Taking a step back from this discussion, Potter loves playing his players out of position, outside their comfort zone. He does it all the time. Lamptey is electric over ten yards. I would love to see him play further up the pitch where he can really hurt the opposition. He might also win us a few penalties with his drives into the box. I wouldn't dismiss this until we've really tried it. Wouldn't it be ironic that we're all crying out for a striker, when we might find the answer within our existing squad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here