Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
My view is simply that the club know more about that player and what best serves their interests than what we do.

Or they have made a mistake. It happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I normally agree with you but it was obvious last season we needed competition for Trossard and Maupay.We have neither,they can rest on their laurels!

We have however spent money on two players,straight out on loan,who we may never see in the stripes.Not going to keep us up is it?

Sure, but what indicates we'll never see him in Brighton?

Same-ish players (hopefully improved) as last season are going to keep the team up. Same guys who did very well in the second half of the season.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It a sesson long loan or can he be recalled in January if we have scored ZERO goals by then? :???:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Apologies if it’s been covered by why Stoke? I have no idea on the current style of play but I would be surprised if Stoke (typecast on paper) play a similar style to us?

Can only assume we have touted him around before sealing the deal?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm intrigued by how a move like this comes about. Presumably Stoke weren't sniffing around Sima themselves as a Championship club, although I've no idea of their budget to be fair.

So did we decide to buy him and send him on a Championship loan, then make a completely unsolicited call to Stoke saying "We're thinking of buying a £7 million striker, would you like him for a season?".

I should imagine it came up in conversation with the Ostigard deal.

"Actually now that's done, we're closing in on this fella, let us know if you want him a season ASAP".

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Apologies if it’s been covered by why Stoke? I have no idea on the current style of play but I would be surprised if Stoke (typecast on paper) play a similar style to us?

They've been playing a similar formation to us, 3 at the back. Probably part of the reason Ostigard went there. Might also be true for Sima and how their strikers line up.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Sure, but what indicates we'll never see him in Brighton?

Same-ish players (hopefully improved) as last season are going to keep the team up. Same guys who did very well in the second half of the season.

I notice you ignored the first part of my comment!

I just doubt either wii ever play for us.We waited 2 years? for Tau to make an appearance.Hardly a raging success was he?

Anyway i have completely lost interest in this transfer window.Its the hope that kills you

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Dan Ashworth:
“However it is important to remember he has had a very rapid rise, coming from Senegal to France, and he has only played one full season of professional football. It is essential we manage his development in the right way. “

I’m happy to rely on the knowledge and expertise of people at the club. Whilst we all want to sign a top striker there is no reason not to sign players with potential

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It a sesson long loan or can he be recalled in January if we have scored ZERO goals by then? :???:

Yep, we've got a recall option. We plan on raising a legal challenge to FIFA's ban on a player appearing for more than two clubs in a season. Paperwork due to get filed early next month with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Maybe GP is comfortable not playing a recognised striker and prefers playing a false 9 (I hate that term ,but can't think of another).NSC and all others are crying out for a recognised striker, but I believe the club may have not been looking for that type of signing all along and prefer a goal scoring midfielder. Again they still haven't got that ,but that reminds to be seen!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I notice you ignored the first part of my comment!

I just doubt either wii ever play for us.We waited 2 years? for Tau to make an appearance.Hardly a raging success was he?

Anyway i have completely lost interest in this transfer window.Its the hope that kills you

Not ignored really, just shrugged - I can see why people would want an additional player, so nothing to comment on that really. Other than "Maupay" and "resting" is not really a thing... he'll work his arse off. But as said, I can see why people want another player up front.

Sure, waited two years for Tau but he took a longer, more difficult road and turned out... old. Im hopeful this guy is more similar to the plenty of succesfull domestic loans.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maybe GP is comfortable not playing a recognised striker and prefers playing a false 9 (I hate that term ,but can't think of another).NSC and all others are crying out for a recognised striker, but I believe the club may have not been looking for that type of signing all along and prefer a goal scoring midfielder. Again they still haven't got that ,but that reminds to be seen!

No we chased two strikers (at least) this window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

If that really is the case why on earth not deny our interest in Nunez back at the end of June instead of operating one of the biggest prick teasing summers in the clubs recent history and don't get my started on who's going to be the goal scoring midfielder.: annoyed:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
On the other hand we take back their two best players, and that’s one relegation spot we don’t have to worry about.

Quite a cunning plan….

That had occurred to me as well. Instantly, the newly promoted team is substantially weakened, and will have to fork out a tidy sum to replace them and bedding in the replacements will take time. In the meantime, we don't have to pay some or all the wages of our players on loan, and they get time on the pitch that they might not get here. Whether or not we use them in the future, they remain assets of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here