Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Angers remind me of the Albion pre21/22 in that they occupy that c. 13/14th spot in the table, don't score a lot, are a way off top half but comfortably above relegation.

There will be pressure on him to deliver and take them to a top half finish, he should get game time and performances in Ligue 1 count for more than the Belgian League so I think Angers could be a good fit.

I think this is a brilliant loan for his development.

I saw a post on a Brighton FB page comparing him to Locadia or Andone. What a load of utter BS.

People must understand that the club are trying to sign potential one step ahead of teams like Lille, RB Salzburg and Almeria. Adringa and Sima are examples of this. We’ve got them relatively cheap but they both have the potential to become top players. They clearly need a number of loans to develop. Sima had horrific luck with injuries last year but to be realistic, himself and Adringa will not make out squad until they’ve had a successful spell on loan somewhere else. It’s not like they’re smashing it on the international scene like Caicedo. Both of these could become EPL top 10 stars but fans need a bit of patience and empathy with their development. The Ben White loan model continues to confirm in my mind at least, the club know exactly what they are doing with these players.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
Started today for Angers against Nice. 9 seconds in and Sima is through on goal. Nice player fouls him and gets an early red card.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Started today for Angers against Nice. 9 seconds in and Sima is through on goal. Nice player fouls him and gets an early red card.

Angers won that one. Ross Barkley couldn’t save Nice from the bench!

Sima has done very well to establish himself as the starting striker there seemingly playing a similar role Welbeck does for us. Now to get himself some goals and show De Zerbi his stuff.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Angers won that one. Ross Barkley couldn’t save Nice from the bench!

Sima has done very well to establish himself as the starting striker there seemingly playing a similar role Welbeck does for us. Now to get himself some goals and show De Zerbi his stuff.

Have to agree... Same for Adingra...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
.....and 49 of them were scored at levels abovd League 2. Your derogatory point about him is......................?

He wasn't a success at Brighton, it is true, and I wouldn't want him in the squad now. He did have the misfortune to play in Hopeless Hyypia's team of other hopeless failures though (and he wasn't the worst of them).

To your point, who was a success for Brighton that season? He was a cheap stop gap after Ulloa went and exemplified the change in budgetary strategy at the time that saw us sign budget players to comply with FFP. He was a decent, hard-working pro playing in a bad team with an inexperienced manager and, ultimately, wasn't quite good enough.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nice movement, nice hit.

Those clips don't normally show the ones that get whacked into the stands though. I think he'll need a lot more goals in the second half of the season to have a chance of being incorporated into our squad next season in my view.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cracking finish that. Reminds me of Drogba

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I very much doubt he knows Palace are rivals. It’s just a shirt he’s been given by a mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here