Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Played 45 minutes in the U23 PL last week against Sunderland and will apparently play in the U23 PL Cup on Wednesday, according to Michael O'Neill.

Thanks for the update Swanny. His injury was clearly plaguing him for most of the season. Hopefully he has got himself fixed. He needs some games and goals if he is going to get into the 1st team next season.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
As mentioned by others on the official loanee thread, most of our loanees are getting little or no time playing this season for various reasons.
Sima needs to get some games under his belt otherwise it will be another loan season for him next year

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As mentioned by others on the official loanee thread, most of our loanees are getting little or no time playing this season for various reasons.
Sima needs to get some games under his belt otherwise it will be another loan season for him next year

Most ? . Cochrane, mitoma, van hecke, Ostigard, undav, Connolly, Clarke , Khadra, weir, rushworth - have all played a lot or a fair bit of football. Even Teddy Jenks who is only 19 has made 15 apps in the SPL. Yes. Sima. Richards, karbownik have had injuries so haven’t really got started and the polish teen at RUSG is just getting going. Molumby has been in/out favour tbf. And Andone has been Andone. But we have a lot of loanees and they are young so no surprises if there’s ups/downs in their development.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Most ? . Cochrane, mitoma, van hecke, Ostigard, undav, Connolly, Clarke , Khadra, weir, rushworth - have all played a lot or a fair bit of football. Even Teddy Jenks who is only 19 has made 15 apps in the SPL. Yes. Sima. Richards, karbownik have had injuries so haven’t really got started and the polish teen at RUSG is just getting going. Molumby has been in/out favour tbf. And Andone has been Andone. But we have a lot of loanees and they are young so no surprises if there’s ups/downs in their development.
Mitoma was injured at Christmas, has only just returned, and has played 100 minutes of football in 2022.
I don't really count Undav as a loanee, more as someone we have bought early for next season. Similarly with Kozlowski, although he's only played 54 minutes in 2022.

The point is that realistically if loanees are going to make it into our first team squad/team they need to be playing regularly, a la Ben White.

As an example, Richards spent the first half of the season on our bench, and then has been injured ever since on loan. His progress towards the first team has gone backwards and I think it is true for many of the loanees with the most potential, van Hecke, Khadra and Ostigard aside.

I was just pointing out that it would be nice to have a number of striking options for next season, but at the moment, Sima is unlikely to be one of them

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Mitoma was injured at Christmas, has only just returned, and has played 100 minutes of football in 2022.
I don't really count Undav as a loanee, more as someone we have bought early for next season. Similarly with Kozlowski, although he's only played 54 minutes in 2022.

The point is that realistically if loanees are going to make it into our first team squad/team they need to be playing regularly, a la Ben White.

As an example, Richards spent the first half of the season on our bench, and then has been injured ever since on loan. His progress towards the first team has gone backwards and I think it is true for many of the loanees with the most potential, van Hecke, Khadra and Ostigard aside.

I was just pointing out that it would be nice to have a number of striking options for next season, but at the moment, Sima is unlikely to be one of them

I know all of that and agreed. But you didn’t make that point In your post so apols is if I got wrong end of stick.

And presumably we will be bringing khadra and Undav back into the squad - so 2 young attacking options.
We’ve also incredibly got a 17 year old centre forward as one of our options .
And to expect more than several at best of our loanees a season to transition like Ben White is quite the expectation. But Van Hecke looks very promising.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I know all of that and agreed. But you didn’t make that point In your post so apols is if I got wrong end of stick.

And presumably we will be bringing khadra and Undav back into the squad - so 2 young attacking options.
We’ve also incredibly got a 17 year old centre forward as one of our options .
No, I think we are on the same page. It would have just been useful if Sima had now played 20+ games and knocked in 15 goals for Stoke this season. Then we could be getting excited by him, rather than be frustrated (through no fault of his own!).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No, I think we are on the same page. It would have just been useful if Sima had now played 20+ games and knocked in 15 goals for Stoke this season. Then we could be getting excited by him, rather than be frustrated (through no fault of his own!).

Yes. It would be nice !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sima made the bench yesterday after his U23 exploits.

Hopefully he’ll get a number of Championship minutes before the season ends.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
close to joining Angers in ligue 1 on loan.

[tweet]1544631988799373312[/tweet]

perfect loan move imo, we'll finally see if he can cut it at a higher level across 38 games (injuries permitting, of course)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
50% of his 4 year deal he will have been away from the club. Let's hope it works out.

Ben White was at our club 7 years and we only got 1 season out of him

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully it will work out well.

The guy has potential but probably quite a long road ahead of him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
50% of his 4 year deal he will have been away from the club. Let's hope it works out.

And that assumes we're going to incorporate him in the squad the following season, which would mean he'll have to show he is genuinely ready to compete with Welbeck, Maupay, Undav etc for a place in the side. It also assumes that Adringa or Enciso or someone haven't smashed it out of the park and are hammering down the door for a place.

Not impossible of course, but his task is daunting. First stage, get fit and get in the side

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Yes, agreed, that's terrible. What we should do in response is get rid of TB, PW, DW and whoever else is responsible for these decisions, and promote you to all those positions instead. Then we'll be alright.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

True, and I suspect they would have liked a more successful loan for him last year so he could have been joining the first team this year, but injuries stopped that. Nothing that can be done. Another loan this year was inevitable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here