Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The poster loses marks for criticising Gross at right wing back. He plays that position brilliantly in our system. Zeqiri (no u in there) is a young kid who has barely played, his loan spell makes a lot of sense. I would have liked to see a striker come in as well, but Maupay, Welbeck and Connolly are what we are going with. Locadia is still here too, on big wages, so we shouldn't just ignore him - we're not Man City who can have players being paid but with no interest in using them.

"The poster" old moany-guts was having a pop at (me) didn't even mention Gross! FWIW I think he's done a good job there - not brilliant, but pretty good.

(I have him on ignore* - only opened up the post to see what you were replying to!)

* The only downside of that is line after line of 'This message is hidden because b.w.2. is on your ignore list' all down the page, but that is the lesser of two evils!

Last edited:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
What I don’t understand is that a lot of people seem to
regard wing backs in Potters system as defenders… they aren’t - they are midfielders and actually when in formation sit slightly higher up the pitch than Bissouma.

They have to defend in the same way a midfielder does, not as defenders… a left winger (Gray) will be predominantly up against the right sided centre back (Webster) not the RWB (Gross).

Thats why March has transitioned so well to LWB - it is primarily a midfield position, a lot of pressing, with a mix of attacking and defending required.

It explains why he plays midfielders as wing backs - Moder, Alzate, Gross… look at what Moder did tonight, that was in a left sided midfield role… not too dissimilar to what he was expected to do at LWB.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We conceded because Gross was playing RWB. His replacement then got out of position and gave away a silly penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His replacement was playing completely out of position at LB and Webster replaced Gross at RB despite having an absolute car crash out there against Burnley. It really wasn’t Potters finest moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are being far too kind to Potter and Gross there. Potter put him at RWB in a game against a winger who had approximately twice his pace. Big mistake by Potter. I am sure Gross did his best but, really, he was hung out to dry

Even though I have you on ignore, it is getting a bit tedious scrolling through your posts.

Have you ever given thought to, perhaps, not posting multiple replies like some obsessive compulsive hamster? Or, better still, ****ing off for a bit? Just a thought, which will no doubt whooosh past your tiny pointy head. :shrug:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Even though I have you on ignore, it is getting a bit tedious scrolling through your posts.

Have you ever given thought to, perhaps, not posting multiple replies like some obsessive compulsive hamster? Or, better still, ****ing off for a bit? Just a thought, which will no doubt whooosh past your tiny pointy head. :shrug:

You need to chill HWT. I don’t have to post in 100% agreement to you. Seriously, if you don’t like it, just take a break from NSC or, better, stop being a snowflake, and post a counter argument. Ignore is the last resort of the pathetic posters on here.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
His replacement was playing completely out of position at LB and Webster replaced Gross at RB despite having an absolute car crash out there against Burnley. It really wasn’t Potters finest moment.

Oh yes, I fully agree. I just meant his replacement in the sense Veltman, my favourite defender for us BTW, was pitched in as part of the defence in Potter’s defensive reshuffle, whilst Gross was correctly taken out of the defence

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And you are being far too critical as per....

Not really, just you, like so many others, refuse to criticise, even when criticism is fully justified

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Noticed he wasnt on the bench on Tuesday, and no sign of him tonight. Is he injured or not coming up to expectation?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
No because that breaks the "played for more than 2 clubs in a season" rule.

We can recall Zeqiri.
There's a lot of speculation on social media that Stoke are going to send Sima back in January. He's had a lot of injuries and hasn't played much. I saw that FIFA suspended the no more than two clubs rule last season due to Covid. Is it still in force this season?
Or if he did come back, would he be stuck in the U-23s, which presumably he would still qualify for?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
There's a lot of speculation on social media that Stoke are going to send Sima back in January. He's had a lot of injuries and hasn't played much. I saw that FIFA suspended the no more than two clubs rule last season due to Covid. Is it still in force this season?
Or if he did come back, would he be stuck in the U-23s, which presumably he would still qualify for?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I read it as, if we recalled him they would allow it if they got a replacement in. I would send them Taylor Richards or Sarmiento.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How many goals has he got for them so far?

None. Just 4 Stoke appearances totalling 123 minutes in the Championship & EFL cup. Has vanished since mid-Sept. Lots of rumours about injuries but I’ve read a bit about him being way too raw on a Stoke forum, stuff about his second touch normally being with his head.

This guy was very very expensive considering his experience. He was a real punt. It might be that we’ve got a dud but equally, he could take some time to develop into a top half EPL striker. When you look at his showreel, he does seem to have some exceptional qualities (finishing, heading, height, speed, strength etc).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I read it as, if we recalled him they would allow it if they got a replacement in. I would send them Taylor Richards or Sarmiento.

They want a replacement for Souttar*, not necessarily a replacement from us - it's not as of we have to send them someone else in exchange! He can't play for us anyway, but I guess if his injury problem is going to be anything like season long he mifght as well do his recoverng 'at home'. I presume he could turn out for the U23s?
However, the season's nowhere near thhe halfway point yet - don't see why he shouldn't stay and play at Stoke. The only player we need to recall is Jenks - and possibly Zeqiri of we want striker cover.

*Wonder if Tsongui or Turns are ready for a half season loan?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They want a replacement for Souttar*, not necessarily a replacement from us - it's not as of we have to send them someone else in exchange! He can't play for us anyway, but I guess if his injury problem is going to be anything like season long he mifght as well do his recoverng 'at home'. I presume he could turn out for the U23s?
However, the season's nowhere near thhe halfway point yet - don't see why he shouldn't stay and play at Stoke. The only player we need to recall is Jenks - and possibly Zeqiri of we want striker cover.

*Wonder if Tsongui or Turns are ready for a half season loan?

Well they could try using the centre back they already loaned from Brighton..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here