Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Aaron Rodgers update

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Re-signing with the Packers for $200m for four years. That's almost a million a week.

The deal makes the 38-year-old quarterback the highest-paid player in NFL history but actually takes his salary cap number down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fingers crossed he'll now shut the feck up, till September.

#TwoHopes.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Genuinely quite surprised by that, figured we’d see him elsewhere next season.

Done himself well getting a 4year deal too, though he’s still a vacc-dodging Cheesehead nobber as far as I’m concerned.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Re-signing with the Packers for $200m for four years. That's almost a million a week.

At least Aaron's bank account will have had a shot in the arm.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
At least its done nice an early rather than having to hear about it all off season.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
This is a problem for the Packers - They are already $31m over the cap and they still have to sign Davante Adams to the franchise tag which will cost another $20. The top five players are taking up more than 55% of the salary cap. Now the cap is a lot easier to manipulate than in the past - but the Packers will have to do some major restructuring and cut some players to get under the cap number - and that will only kick the can down the road as the cap problems will increase each year until Rodgers is gone.

In terms of trying to win the SB - Rodgers would have been in a much better position if he went to the Broncos - their roster is better than that of the Packers - most of the best players are tied into team friendly deals or are on rookie contracts - they have more than $40m in cap space, so could have absorbed the cap hit from Rodgers without difficulty - and they have a lot of draft picks that could have been used in a trade. They are a QB away from contenting for the SB.

Saying that - I am not really surprised that Rodgers stayed in GB - but this is more about the money in an environment where he is comfortable rather than going all out to win another ring.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The Broncos fleeced the Seahawks in this deal

2 No.1s - 2 No.2s - a 5th - with Lock, Harris and Fant (the Broncos weren't going to pick up his 5th year option) - in return for Wilson and a 4th.

Any Broncos fan would take that deal any day of the week.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can roster be one of those words that NSC automatically edits like ****, **** and **** ?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

OK, so I don't know how to load images on here! Never mind, I'm sure you all know what the 'Give-a-f*ck-o-meter' looks like!

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

OK, so I don't know how to load images on here! Never mind, I'm sure you all know what the 'Give-a-f*ck-o-meter' looks like!

I've had a go

gaf.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here