[Albion] Aaron Connolly

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant news.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Connolly and Alzate are now our longest contracted players with 4 years left.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9470959 said:
Didn't realise he played Hurling prior to moving to us. Definitely a game that will toughen you up!

Most kids who come out of Ireland do (if they are from hurling counties anyway) - Molumby did as well - and Dessie Hutchinson is now an inter-county hurler with Waterford.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I like Aaron Connolly very much. Tough little f*cker and even when he wasn't scoring he worked his socks off and helped the team hugely. Got his head screwed on by the sound of it, and with the attitude he's shown I am sure he'll only get better.

Would love to see Molumby and White get the same kind of breakthrough season now.

And Clarke waiting in the wings...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
worth noting that Calvert Lewin scored 4 in 32 and 6 in 35 goals when he was 20 and 21.

Connolly brings alot to the team. He's only 20 !!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
worth noting that Calvert Lewin scored 4 in 32 and 6 in 35 goals when he was 20 and 21.

Connolly brings alot to the team. He's only 20 !!

People don't factor that in.

Every minute of Premier League football he gets is an investment in him. And he's paying us back already

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
People don't factor that in.

Every minute of Premier League football he gets is an investment in him. And he's paying us back already

Oh, agreed, my concern has always been that he can't play "on his own" up top, and that Maupay is our only fit striker that can. Well, it transpires that he's been playing "on his own" up top against the likes of United and Newcastle this season. Yes, I know that he's played with Trossard and Maupay but he has been the most advanced of the three, with those two flitting around somewhat wider and dropping into pockets. Perhaps another test would be how he gets on without Maupay with, for instance, Jahanbakhsh coming into the side.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I've been saying it for ages. We are a much better side when he is in it with Maupay.

I think he is very under rated and am loving people are now seeing what he brings to the side, alongside Solly this gives me great Joy.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think Aaron's hold up play is really impressive as well. Goes to show you don't need to be 6 foot plus and outjump a defender. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think Aaron's hold up play is really impressive as well. Goes to show you don't need to be 6 foot plus and outjump a defender. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

His pressing is first class too, never lets defenders have time on ball. A real pest.

Chuck a fit gain Andone in the mix and we're going to have our own pint sized version of the 3 Muscateers. The tiny terrors.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He has come through our youth set up and can understand everybodys enthusiasm. Unless we start putting goals away we will be in trouble however well we are playing. Hopefully he will continue to improve but is not the answer at the moment. Out and out striker is the hardest position to play and to succeed at this level need to offer more then endeavour including positional play and able to lose defender. It will be a great shame when we have improved in so much of team if we struggle for lack of support for Maupay
As I said before, Bloom is a gambler and maybe his gamble is to hope we can stay fit and out of trouble until Androne is fit

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Before *that* Spurs game, Warren Aspinall was saying it was too early to blood Connolly as it could potentially derail his progress if we asked too much of him too soon.

Those goals looked like they had proved him wrong about that, but as we all know, Connolly had a frustrating season, and I've definitely wondered if we'd be better loaning him out to a Championship side to get that sharpness and confidence into his game.

I'm still not convinced that the Maupay-Connolly partnership is going to be a short, medium or long-term solution to our goal scoring issues. But I admire Connolly's work rate and the way he's stepped up to the challenge of Premier league football. There is undoubtedly much more to come.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
The more I see Connolly, the more I like him. He's tough, he's fast and he can finish. He's always moaning at the ref and I like that too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here