Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly interview.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No... Locadia...... and he will experience a run of 1st team involvement.. and some minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Couldn't disagree more. Connolly is not a Murray/Locadia. We'd be a man down for defending corners etc and he'd get bullied out of the game and cameo roles of 10-20 minutes is going to hamper his development even more so than playing PL2

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Maguire Drew's (spelling ) career has stumbled,being out on loan. He was,and maybe still,i dont know,a very promising striker,but it seems will not make the highest grade.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just stick him in the team for a couple of games. He’s not going to do a lot worse than others are doing and looks like he might be the bright spark we need up front. We have a history of letting decent strikers go before giving them chance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just stick him in the team for a couple of games. He’s not going to do a lot worse than others are doing and looks like he might be the bright spark we need up front. We have a history of letting decent strikers go before giving them chance.

You think he'd do better than Glenn Murray? Blimey.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Couldn't disagree more. Connolly is not a Murray/Locadia. We'd be a man down for defending corners etc and he'd get bullied out of the game and cameo roles of 10-20 minutes is going to hamper his development even more so than playing PL2

I tend to agree with you, I saw him play in the first team against Barnet in the cup, I think it was last year or the year before, anyway he got bullied by the Barnet defence,Hopefully he has come on since then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone suggesting Connolly is a potential Murray replacement presumably hasn't seen the young lad play. He's quite short, much smaller than Murray, so presumably could not play that holding the ball up role that Murray does so well.

Clearly he knows where the goal is, so with a player like Connolly, the trick is to accommodate him in a formation/ playing style that plays to his strengths in that respect. But that is why he isn't going to get swapped straight in for Murray any time soon, and it's not because the club don't rate him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maguire Drew's (spelling ) career has stumbled,being out on loan. He was,and maybe still,i dont know,a very promising striker,but it seems will not make the highest grade.

I imagine the club see Maguire-Drew as the sort of player a L2/ National League club will pay a few quid for at some stage, unless his contract expires. He's twenty one already and he's never been knocking on the first team door. Higher level than a Joe Gatting, say, or maybe a George Barker, but never going to play Championship football or above unless something very surprising happens.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone suggesting Connolly is a potential Murray replacement presumably hasn't seen the young lad play. He's quite short, much smaller than Murray, so presumably could not play that holding the ball up role that Murray does so well. .
Alternatively the team could play to the strengths of the players that are selected, instead of attempting to turn them into a poorer version of who is already in the squad.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alternatively the team could play to the strengths of the players that are selected, instead of attempting to turn them into a poorer version of who is already in the squad.

Well that was kind of my point in the next sentence, wasn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here