Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A27 roadworks east bound - advice please

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Can anyone let me know where these start & end, and what the likely delays might be on a Saturday. I've looked at the highways website who suggest that 'minor delays' may occur.

One of my lads is playing football Saturday morning in Salisbury and won't finish until about 12.30. On a good day it'd take about 2 hours to get to Brighton but these roadworks might change things.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can anyone let me know where these start & end, and what the likely delays might be on a Saturday. I've looked at the highways website who suggest that 'minor delays' may occur.

One of my lads is playing football Saturday morning in Salisbury and won't finish until about 12.30. On a good day it'd take about 2 hours to get to Brighton but these roadworks might change things.

to be honest very little at the weekend all in the week I drive from Shoreham to Hillbarn at the weekend an no delays as such yet

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i went down to pompey last weekend on a sunday and the queues eastbound were pretty minging.
on the way back i went via washington and came out the other side of 'em

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Aren't they in worthing? I always go through Storrington and Amberley if heading west, not been through anything for years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Went from Portslade to Chichester on Friday and back on Sunday. Going west there was a huge tailback just after we got on at Holmbush so we scooted to Washington on the A283 then A24 / A280. The straight route would have taken ages longer. Coming back Eastbound we chanced the 27 as it was a Sunday and there was no delay at all. Just down to one lane for a bit around the Lancing sports centre. However we did notice that by then the Westbound works had changed configuration so I'd check that site again before you leave.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The drainage works are actually taking place from the roundabout that starts the dual carriage way past the top of the airport, and finish by the Sussex Pad.
On my trips up during the week the queue has started about halfway along the Upper Brighton Road about opposite the School.
The coning has been designed by someone who has just left School and was given lifts everywhere by his Mum. The clue to this is that the traffic is directed into one lane, which is expected, but the coning starts about 10 metres from the roundabout.
Coupled with the increased traffic coming up from Lancing and the traffic that has turned left at the lights and run through the Upper Lancing bit, to emerge at the aforementioned roundabout. It takes about five minutes longer than it needs too.
There is a few holes at the side of the road and some small diggers going east, westwards a gully sucking machine (oo,er Matron) was emptying a drain, but apart from that the few times I have been past it's been devoid of people working up a sweat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here