Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 closed Tuesday 18/01/2022 evening for roadworks.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
letter to residents says. please note. "Tuesdays closure will start after traffic level has reduced following the match at the Stadium" so probably about 10-45 - 11-00 pm So no problem at all !!

That’s good to know, cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can see all the closure reports here: https://nationalhighways.co.uk/travel-updates/road-closure-report/

I know it seems weird for them to say 'Tuesday 8pm - 6am but will start after the traffic clears' but if you receive a letter from National Highways it actually says as 'Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th 8pm-6am' - it's going on over two nights, the argus is only talking about the one night, which removes the context.

The notes from Highways England in the letter says 'Tuesday's closure will start after the traffic levels have reduced following the match at the stadium' with a further general note about waiting for travel levels to reduce if there are events at the stadium on the dates for other planned activities. It seems the argus is using the general note. But for those wondering, it has been noted in that letter that Tuesday's works will start when the traffic reduces after the match.

Jul 7, 2003
Typical Argus clickbait.

No story in "Highways Agency delay roadworks on Tuesday night to allow fans to get home after rearranged Albion match" so this ambiguous scare mongering generates clicks on the site to find out more.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
These roadworks are planned weeks in advance. It's the Albion who have scheduled a game when there are roadworks on the A27, rather than the Highways Agency scheduling works during a match

Did Brighton reschedule it or was it rescheduled for us well Chelsea actually?

Jul 7, 2003
Did Brighton reschedule it or was it rescheduled for us well Chelsea actually?

The original fixture clashes with Chelsea's world club championship game so had to be moved. Premier league set the date for this one, not either club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tuchel's moaning like hell about it, so it's not Chelsea's doing

As a point of interest have Chelsea and their bare bones squad played many more games than us in the last month?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Will the Lewes Road between Falmer and Coldean Lane be open, I wonder?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not strictly true.

[TWEET]1483378815393017858[/TWEET]

it's been put up by Brighton and Hove busses fb page.. A27 westbound between Lewes and falmer will be closed from 8 p.m tues and weds nights......i guess the fact that it's only westbound won't affect Albion supporters too much.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
it's been put up by Brighton and Hove busses fb page.. A27 westbound between Lewes and falmer will be closed from 8 p.m tues and weds nights......i guess the fact that it's only westbound won't affect Albion supporters too much.

I think going east or west a sizeable amount of people would be affected

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here