Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] A zoom question

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Something about Zoom has always baffled me.

I've organised huge numbers of zoom meetings in the past year or so - too many to count in fact.

My zoom settings suggest that I have to admit entrants in the waiting room (they
can't automatically join). Yet, in many of the meetings - participants have joined
without me admitting them - they have simply joined
(and yet bizarrely some still require manual admittance by me).
So it's a mixture.

It hasn't been a problem really no big deal in fact - but if anyone could shed light on this - it would help.
I have one or two meetings coming up where it is vital that I (and only I) admit people.

Ta

:albion2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate Zoom. Teams is much better.

Are you finding that some do and some don't need to be admitted in the same group chat? If so that could be that the settings are such that those inside your organization (or nation) can join automatically and others can't, perhaps?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It’s probably in the settings of the invites you send out. Might be as simple as switching that option off.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Check your settings and make sure you've got it on "Everyone will go in waiting room"

Screenshot 2022-01-23 12.08.42 PM.png

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think the issue is that I don't have full admin rights. Maybe, in that case, I have the ability to
admit from the waiting room, but not exclusively.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Something about Zoom has always baffled me.

I've organised huge numbers of zoom meetings in the past year or so - too many to count in fact.

My zoom settings suggest that I have to admit entrants in the waiting room (they
can't automatically join). Yet, in many of the meetings - participants have joined
without me admitting them - they have simply joined
(and yet bizarrely some still require manual admittance by me).
So it's a mixture.

It hasn't been a problem really no big deal in fact - but if anyone could shed light on this - it would help.
I have one or two meetings coming up where it is vital that I (and only I) admit people.

Ta

:albion2:

Have you tried @FatLarry :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hate Zoom. Teams is much better.

Are you finding that some do and some don't need to be admitted in the same group chat? If so that could be that the settings are such that those inside your organization (or nation) can join automatically and others can't, perhaps?

I find some need a lot of loving, and some don't.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think its quite funny how the world seems to have found out that you don't need to have physical team meetings. I worked for a big telecoms company and we were doing these sort of things 20 years ago. The trouble we had was that every thing became a call and you got invited just in case your expertise was needed so you had to develop good multitasking skills one of which was to listen to one thing while reading about another...The day just became end to end calls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here