Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of long haired, hippy - Stoner Rock of the late 60s and early 70s!!

Well if you can't join em, beat em that's what I say...

YouTube - Rainbow - Sixteenth Century Greensleeves

From 1977... the year after Punk dawned, I guess the sun did set quickly didn't it? An explosion of bile and then the flush...

Bye bye.

ROCK ON!

Kosh

Are you dismissing punk as a mere bottom-burp from the digestive system of music Kosh?
For shame - punk was passionate, and often just as complex (or lacking complexity) as a lot of 'progressive' music. Music must change, or stagnation won't just be a song by Genesis.
Punk spawned a lot of good music, as did the 1960's spawn most of the prog you prefer.

PUNK ON!

NMH

[yt]rItxPQdSiEY[/yt]

[yt]94jGxh8mxNI[/yt]

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ah... so it is ok for the punk fans who have infiltrated and percolated deep within the pores of this once fine and rockin' thread, freezing my soul from within and shattering my rocky exterior with their harsh nasal tones, to simply dismiss my music as indulgent and trite? but not as equally acceptable for me to suggest the legacy of punk is but a ramshackle vision of people who didn't get ROCK nor understand or appreciate (alas) the beauty of what had immediately followed their particular choice of musical delight...

I take your point, as always informed and concise...

But NSC is a haven of double standards, where the Crows await to feast upon the carcass of that laid low by a passing predator... This was not supposed to celebrate punk, nor decry its value, but celebrate music as far removed from the punk sound as Andrew Whing from talent.

I wish you well NMH as always, I am left astounded by your knowledge and passion for that which we both adore... Music.

Rock on brother and peace out.

Kosh

Ah... so it is ok for the punk fans who have infiltrated and percolated deep within the pores of this once fine and rockin' thread, freezing my soul from within and shattering my rocky exterior with their harsh nasal tones, to simply dismiss my music as indulgent and trite? but not as equally acceptable for me to suggest the legacy of punk is but a ramshackle vision of people who didn't get ROCK nor understand or appreciate (alas) the beauty of what had immediately followed their particular choice of musical delight...

I take your point, as always informed and concise...

But NSC is a haven of double standards, where the Crows await to feast upon the carcass of that laid low by a passing predator... This was not supposed to celebrate punk, nor decry its value, but celebrate music as far removed from the punk sound as Andrew Whing from talent.

I wish you well NMH as always, I am left astounded by your knowledge and passion for that which we both adore... Music.

Rock on brother and peace out.

Kosh

Thanks Kosh.
It's all under one heading for me at the end of the day, as music.
There's good punk, funk, soul psych rock blues and pop - I'll take it all!

[yt]Hudulf-zTWs[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here