A Thread Full of Great Brighton Memories

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
The best for me was beating Liverpool away 2-1 in the 5th round of the 1983 cup run. Liverpool were in their glory years, and if I remember hadn`t lost any cup game at home for many years, including european competitions. It was an amazing match in front of a full Anfield, including 6000/7000 Albion fans - in full voice. We survived twenty minutes of intense pressure at the end.

Incredibly the match was not televised at all. You could not even see the goals on a highlights programme.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
My first ever game at the Goldstone - we beat Wolves 3-0

Standing on the roof of the Gents toilet to watch Man Utd with 28000 (ish) people in the ground - about 1982??

1983 Beating Liverpool at Anfield, in the cup, Phil Neal's Birthday - so they made him captain for the day - he missed a penalty - my mate got his nose broken by a pissed-off Scouser on the way out, we drove home and called in on a Crystal Palace Pub on the way home

The entire 1983 Cup run - especially after one match when I saw a (BHA) nutter punch a Coppers horse - and so the copper chased him across Goldstone Park (on horseback) and smacked him back

The 1983 semi final, when we got 2x coaches from the Red Lion to Highbury

1984 - beating Liverpool (again) at the Goldstone....

Getting to the play-offs and getting badly beaten

The final in 1983 when Gerry Ryan played like a man possessed (God bless him)

The replay when Stevie Foster played like a man dis-possessed
:lolol:

Cardiff 2004

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Gary Nelsons gols at Brentford in the Cup. WEnt ablsolutelty mental .

Rocking in the Northstand when we beat Bristol Rovers to go up - Last really big crowd I think at the Goldstone. 20,000 plus.

ONe real memory was Pompey at home in the FA Cup in 1992 when they thought they had equalised and were on the pitch jumping around gving it stacks and then one one by one realised the flag was up on the other side of the pitch for offside. What a wonderful moment.

Matt Edwards scored I think.:lolol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brisbane Seagull

Jun 21, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
:drink:
Cup semi-final at Highbury was amazing - train down from Manchester, then the match then returned to Manchester for a massive party to celebrate - and heaps of City fans were wishing us well for the final against Utd! Norwich quarter-final was also a day to remember. Away to Charlton on Dec 23 1979 - won 3-0 thanks to a Malcolm Poskett hattrick, marvellous atmosphere.
Returning for a holiday in October and hope to get to the Withdean for the first time - that would be right up there - matter of trying to get a ticket I guess.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
off the pitch, the wycombe game season just gone. the megaphone incident. never seen stewards and police looking so idiotic

Dsc021331.jpg
[/IMG]

:clap2: :clap2:

The first half of the Cup Final in 1983

Seeing MY team walk out at Wembley in the biggest game in the country.

The first game in Division 1 v Arsenal - OK so we got done 4-0 but this was Arsenal, not Aldershot.

The Blackpool game in 78
The League Cup games v Derby, West Brom, Forest and Ipswich in 77 and 78

Seeing an Albion captain lift up a trophy at last............................

The final whistle at Cardiff - in fact pretty much the whole match

Jul 7, 2003
I feel old - this thread of full of youngsters!

Newcastle 79 tops the lot - closely followed by Highbury 83.

My first even trip to anfield in March 80 was also memorable as I met the late Bob Paisley in the ticket office before the game.

BHF

Feb 15, 2004
Burgess Hill
All the Cup run games in '83 especially hammering Man City 4-0 at the Goldstone.
Thrashing Charlton 7-0 at the Goldstone in the mid '80's I think.

Cardiff - we won and it was the first time I was able to take both my boys and their mum to watch the Albion together - roll on Falmer

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
so many great memories !!!

aint it great to be an albion fan!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports