Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A thread full of famous people and which team they support

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Harold Wilson - Huddersfield
Ted Heath - Burnley
John Major - Chelsea
Michael Foot - Plymouth (and was registered in their squad as number 90 on his birthday)
Tony Blair - Newcastle
John Prescott - Hull
David Cameron - Aston Villa or West Ham :wink: *edit* Beaten to it

Jeremy Corbyn, John Bercoa and Keir Starmer all Arsenal
Gordon Brown Raith Rovers
David Lammy - Spurs
Newcastle MP, Chi Onwurah - Newcastle (natch)

and on the other side
Jeremy Hunt - Chelsea
Ken Clarke - Notts Co and Forest

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Some famous names from the world of music off the top of my head:

Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris - West Ham
Slash - Stoke
Ozzy, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath - Villa
Alex Turner - Sheffield Wednesday
Bastille's drummer Woody - Plymouth
Justin Hawkins - Presumption is usually Norwich as The Darkness are from that neck of the woods, but pretty sure he's a Man United fan
Dani Filth - QPR
The Proclaimers - Hibs
Nina Hagen - Union Berlin presumably, as she recorded the club's official anthem for them.
Brian Johnson - Newcastle
Roger Daltrey - Arsenal
Scroobius Pip and Rancid's Lars Fredriksen - Millwall
Paul Weller - Chelsea

Steve Ferrone, drummer with AWB, Tom Petty, loads of top acts - Albion
(Wore a seagulls beanie when he did the Superbowl half time show with Tom Petty)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Steve Ferrone, drummer with AWB, Tom Petty, loads of top acts - Albion
(Wore a seagulls beanie when he did the Superbowl half time show with Tom Petty)

Huey Morgan had a section on his 6 Music show called "The Player's Ball" which was a tribute to session and studio musicians who had been on loads of great tracks. Ferrone was one of them and Huey mentioned he's a Brighton fan. He's played on so much good stuff I immediately googled him and I'm sure have seen him at games before, though I guess he lives in the States?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Steve Ferrone

Good shout...had forgotten that Superbowl appearance!

Untitled.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Steve_Harris_521.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage%20-%202019-11-29T140623.723.jpg

Steve Harris bass player from my fave band Iron Maiden is serious West Ham fanatic. You can buy official Maiden themed Hammers shirt produced in collaboration with West Ham. His fave bass guitar is in the colours and has the badge. As a youth he had trials with them but decided to go with the music. Probably made the right choice! :)

View attachment 148332
View attachment 148333

Steve Harris bass player from my fave band Iron Maiden is serious West Ham fanatic. You can buy official Maiden themed Hammers shirt produced in collaboration with West Ham. His fave bass guitar is in the colours and has the badge. As a youth he had trials with them but decided to go with the music. Probably made the right choice! :)

I was incredibly tempted to post that picture of 'Arry with Zabaleta when mentioning him. That image lives rent free in my head punk:

Brazilian football shirt manufacturer WA Sport also have a deal with Maiden to produce shirts based on every single album (https://ironmaiden.wasport.com.br/). A pain to get shipped over here because Brazil, but I think EMP stock a few of the designs as well. Have got one of the generic Maiden football shirts from a few years ago that I wear to the gym every so often...among too much other Maiden merch :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I was incredibly tempted to post that picture of 'Arry with Zabaleta when mentioning him. That image lives rent free in my head punk:

Brazilian football shirt manufacturer WA Sport also have a deal with Maiden to produce shirts based on every single album (https://ironmaiden.wasport.com.br/). A pain to get shipped over here because Brazil, but I think EMP stock a few of the designs as well. Have got one of the generic Maiden football shirts from a few years ago that I wear to the gym every so often...among too much other Maiden merch :lolol:

Yes I've got a football shirt from the Brave New World era. Top man and never forgets his mates. On most of their world tours he pays for his old mates to fly over to play in a charity football game

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
David Cameron, Villa (and West Ham)
both Gallaghers, Man City
Rachel Riley, Man U (unfortunately)
Piers Morgan, Arse (fortunately)
Craig David, Southampton
Bob The Builder (Neil Morrissey), Palace

Yeah, but what football team does he support?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here