Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A thread for ticketless Albion fans going to Amsterdam

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've got over my melancholy at not having a ticket and am now almost fully on board.

Apparently there is going to be a fan zone laid on for ticketless Albion fans, so if it looks like there are lots going, it sounds like a right craic.

So if you're going without a ticket, how are you getting there, when are you leaving/returning, and are you holding out hope of getting a ticket somehow when you get there?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Also, get in the banana bar for a session or two before the game. Lovely place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm in that boat. Was planning a quiet night in at the hotel "on the station side, in the centre", but am more than happy to join any discerning 'mature' gentlemen and ladies for a meet up in somewhere nice with a big screen. I'd prefer to avoid the headbangers. Happy to be PMd.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm in that boat. Was planning a quiet night in at the hotel "on the station side, in the centre", but am more than happy to join any discerning 'mature' gentlemen and ladies for a meet up in somewhere nice with a big screen. I'd prefer to avoid the headbangers. Happy to be PMd.
Is this an advert for swinging?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Don't have a season ticket, so knew I wouldn't get a ticket but I'm heading off from Heathrow on the Wednesday. Most of the group have tickets, but a couple of us don't. There definitely seems like worse places for a few days on the lash. I had been debating going in the home end, but running the risk of not getting in or having to sit on my hands didn't seem that appealing.

I reckon they'll be at least 1000 people in the same boat, should be a laugh either way. Not sure if I'll end up in the official fanzone or just find a nice pub/bar somewhere. Slightly worried the fanzone will end up being an empty square with a big screen, one bloke selling beer and one portacabin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m rather innocent so I’ve not heard of this but most kinks are catered for in the ‘dam.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
You can be skipper on the Banana boat, by the looks of it.

FED537F2-722B-46A5-B4B1-C69E798A24F4.jpeg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I’m rather innocent so I’ve not heard of this but most kinks are catered for in the ‘dam.
I’ve been to dam a few times and see what they get up to out there, some weird sh!t, so I’m guessing that’s post mortemed.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'll be there in the ticketless gang :ascarf:Flying out from Luton on Wednesday and coming back Saturday night (into Luton at midnight, driving back to Marlborough then back out again at 9.30 for the Sheff U game...), staying at NL Hotel in Leidseplein. Mrs is coming with but she is planning to spend most of the time with one of her friends there, so I'll be attempting to latch on to Albion groups!

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Flying out with youngest son early on Wednesday, staying at Hotel Cornelisz on Hooftstraat. They’ve recommended watching our game in one of the sports bars on Leidseplein, so going to check them out on Wednesday evening.

Plan to go to the ground Thursday lunchtime to make pathetic onion-peeling teary request for tickets (no chance) although, as son’s on crutches (having just had an op on his foot), I might try to blag it that he’s done a sponsored walk all the way there to raise funds for the Save The Dodo Fund and they’ll be letting down millions of Dodo lovers around the world if they don’t let us have a couple!

I’ll also see if they’ve got any programmes (as I had to get a Marseille one from a dealer in, ironically, Holland as none of my friends could find any for sale at the ground), then head to the selected bar for the game. Afterwards, f*** knows!

Don’t fly back until late on Friday so will do a bit of touristy stuff (barge trip, etc) during the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here