Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Sussex Farmer

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I just went for a quick stroll up the back of the house and walked past a farmer who was standing near the gate on his land.

I walked past and said the usual good afternoon's, etc, and asked why he was standing there on such a cold day.

He said he was trying to win the Nobel Peace prize by being "outstanding in his field".

Never heard of a Farmer managing that before?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
:tumble:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think people tend to win the Nobel Peace Prize by their actions in the world of geopolitics and international relations, for example for having negotiated peace treaties between warring factions. I don't think it has anything much to do with agriculture. I don't mean to finger-wag but it might have been nice to have pointed this out to him? Cheers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness though M of H, if Obama can win the Noble Peace Prize after being in office for a couple of months, I wouldn't entirely rule out this farmers case. Particularly if, on closer inspection of his credentials, it was established that he was taking excellent care of his bovines whilst using environmentally sound farming techniques that both adhere to and in some cases exceed standard EU regulations, and is providing quality produce for the local community and the wider national and european market.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
In fairness though M of H, if Obama can win the Noble Peace Prize after being in office for a couple of months, I wouldn't entirely rule out this farmers case. Particularly if, on closer inspection of his credentials, it was established that he was taking excellent care of his bovines whilst using environmentally sound farming techniques that both adhere to and in some cases exceed standard EU regulations, and is providing quality produce for the local community and the wider national and european market.

I think he'd slaughterered half his Beef stock such that he was reducing CO2 emissions, so perhaps that was also on his mind?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here