Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "A Revolution in Civilization"

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
So everyone living in the same type of accommodation following the same rules with the same restrictions and no chance of individuality,oh and you get to drink someone else`s recycled pee,why not just live in Russia?.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So everyone living in the same type of accommodation following the same rules with the same restrictions and no chance of individuality,oh and you get to drink someone else`s recycled pee,why not just live in Russia?.

I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is the way big business has wanted us to live for years. Ignore all the flummery about utopian living blah blah blah and look at what it actually does.

It concentrates humans into one large space. It exclude us from the outside world. It allows us to be filed, surveilled and controlled.
Look at what something actually does rather than what they tell you it does. look at what it does and chances are, that is what it will have been designed for.
Look at Amazon, Google. Look at smartphones. They are sold to us as aspirational lifestyle choices that enrich and make our lives easier. And they do, to a degree.

But look at what they actually do; observe, surveil, track, monitor, harvest data, sell our data. That’s what they are designed to do.

Look at what something actually does, not what we are told it does.

“I’d like to take a walk outside today”

“I’m sorry sir, the gates need to be kept locked today”

“Why’s that”?

“You don’t need to know, Sir”

“I’d like to visit family in Sector 5 today”

“I’m sorry sir, we believe residents of Sector 5 shouldn’t mix with those of Sector 1. And you don’t have enough travel creds for this exceat, Sir. Please return to your allocated sector”

It’s a no from me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The population there are already used to quite a few restrictions to be fair :lol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is the way big business has wanted us to live for years. Ignore all the flummery about utopian living blah blah blah and look at what it actually does.

It concentrates humans into one large space. It exclude us from the outside world. It allows us to be filed, surveilled and controlled.
Look at what something actually does rather than what they tell you it does. look at what it does and chances are, that is what it will have been designed for.
Look at Amazon, Google. Look at smartphones. They are sold to us as aspirational lifestyle choices that enrich and make our lives easier. And they do, to a degree.

But look at what they actually do; observe, surveil, track, monitor, harvest data, sell our data. That’s what they are designed to do.

Look at what something actually does, not what we are told it does.

“I’d like to take a walk outside today”

“I’m sorry sir, the gates need to be kept locked today”

“Why’s that”?

“You don’t need to know, Sir”

“I’d like to visit family in Sector 5 today”

“I’m sorry sir, we believe residents of Sector 5 shouldn’t mix with those of Sector 1. And you don’t have enough travel creds for this exceat, Sir. Please return to your allocated sector”

It’s a no from me.

A conspiracy theory... I'm in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A conspiracy theory... I'm in.

Ha!

It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s just how tech and large corporate works. It’s no secret. And following logically on from how they operate now, it’s not a great leap to imagine them wanting us to live in concentrated areas.

It’s a theory based on what we see already. Not a conspiracy theory based on YouTube, an eighth of cheap hash and too little sleep.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ha!

It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s just how tech and large corporate works. It’s no secret. And following logically on from how they operate now, it’s not a great leap to imagine them wanting us to live in concentrated areas.

It’s a theory based on what we see already. Not a conspiracy theory based on YouTube, an eighth of cheap hash and too little sleep.

"This is the way big business has wanted us to live for years" = a.k.a. big business is conspiring against us = conspiracy theory

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"This is the way big business has wanted us to live for years" = a.k.a. big business is conspiring against us = conspiracy theory

No thanks. I’m not getting sucked into your a depressing, stoner, pizza box world again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Guaranteed that sort of place will end up with the rich people living near the top and the poor down at the bottom.

Equitable living my hairy arse.

The Eloi are happy, carefree people who live above the earth's surface, eating fruit and basking in the sun, while the Morlocks lurk in the underground and shadows, hiding from light and only venturing out of their dark habitats to capture and feed on the Eloi race.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Eloi are happy, carefree people who live above the earth's surface, eating fruit and basking in the sun, while the Morlocks lurk in the underground and shadows, hiding from light and only venturing out of their dark habitats to capture and feed on the Eloi race.

#TeamMorlock

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
170km long and not one boozer. It’s like a prison.

Like the rest of the country……….:drink:

I was approached a while back (at least a year ago) about doing some consultancy work for NEOM (putting policies in place to cover some aspects of regulation and corporate governance) by a headhunter who I know well who has a practice in the ME. Timing didn’t work for me but sounded like an interesting project to at least work on (and the money would have been silly).

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Guaranteed that sort of place will end up with the rich people living near the top and the poor down at the bottom.

Equitable living my hairy arse.

As prophesied by dystopian sci-fi writer, JG Ballard, in his 1985 novel High-Rise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here