Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A REAL manager........

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
I'm with you and stated when he (CH) arrived he was a poor choice. I just hope I'm wrong.

Could not agree more I said on here before we appointed him that we should have got Sherwood at what ever cost (see Villas change of form / Benteke 8 goals in 7 games) CH has never done anything for me and I got poo poo'd saying for it. Newcastle only went up as they could afford to keep the squad that got relegated. So I don't think CH did anything out of the ordinary there and probably any reasonable manager would have taken them back up with the squad they had.
This may not be his Brighton team, that he's put together but as a manager he should not accept the performances that we have had to endure in the last couple of months. Its the managers job to get the team to work hard together for each other and get the best out of them (or at least most of them), if he cant or they don't want to work hard and put in a shift for the team he should f@ck them off to the reserves and bring in a youngster(s) who would jump at the chance and have pride in playing for the Albion.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
.....Hopefully CH is the man, Kayal suggests he might be, everyone else coming in say otherwise.

Even if he's not, I don't think he can be judged on the present shambles. As it happens I don't think that he is as Leon Best proves, but given the situation he found himself in when he arrived how can he be judged? Me, I think that Nathan Jones should have carried on for a while longer. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! If we are relegated however, that really is the time to open the door to him and his Best mate...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even if he's not, I don't think he can be judged on the present shambles. As it happens I don't think that he is as Leon Best proves, but given the situation he found himself in when he arrived how can he be judged? Me, I think that Nathan Jones should have carried on for a while longer. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! If we are relegated however, that really is the time to open the door to him and his Best mate...
Definitely, CH certainly can't be judged on this season.
Although I'm sure he'd say himself what has been produced recently is nowhere near good enough, irrespective of what he's got to work with.
But this current run does make the question that's looming large, is he the man going forward?, rather inevitable.

As for Nathan Jones, I think his full time appointment as Kit Symons MkII.
The emperor would be nudie very quickly.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
if he cant or they don't want to work hard and put in a shift for the team he should f@ck them off to the reserves and bring in a youngster(s) who would jump at the chance and have pride in playing for the Albion.

Are you seriously saying that the youngsters would have kept us up! Many of the current side may not be that good but at least they appear to have done that. Wind the clock back a few months and have another look at our predicament at that time.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
im not say they would keep us up, but I rather watch a team that look like they actually gave a shit.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Who knows how it would have panned out in the longer term but Nathan Jones got us winning with a different mentality in just a couple of games - and got the crowd going too!!

Having watched the absolute dross being served up at present I am more and more convinced that Nathan Jones should have been given the job until at least the end of the season. I am convinced he would have achieved a higher points total than we currently have. And the supporters would have been right behind him if he continued to show the kind of passion he did during those few games in charge. Do we see any passion from our current manager? Do we heck??

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
As much as I have rallied against NSC never looking beyond previous Albion employees, there is a part of me that thinks Oscar was very much the right man at exactly the wrong time.

I can't help thinking, if lessons have been learned by all parties concerned, Oscar would be my ideal manager going into next season.

What?? I don't ever want to see that boring, passionless individual anywhere near my team again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What?? I don't ever want to see that boring, passionless individual anywhere near my team again.
Shirley the managers demeanour is secondary to what happens on the pitch.
With that in mind, could you please define the word boring within the context of:-

Brighton and Hove Albion season 13/14
&
Brighton and Hove Albion season 14/15

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Most of them were part of a play off squad the previous year so not sure how he is trying to make silk purses out of sows ears

Ince for Bridcutt, many will argue is a straight swap ... Buckley was in and out for the most part and never recreated the form of season #1. JFC still doing it for U21's. Arguabely Tex and Kayal have strengthened us too. We def miss Ulloa but how many would he score in this side?

I'm in the camp that our problems are down to Management, .. likely all of coaching, tactics, selections and simple motivation

Shuffling the pack and just replacing the players isn't the answer imo

Tex was not that great a the beginning of the season, he was to easily brushed of the ball. Kayal joined in January. But that's not where our problems lie, its scoring goals and in that fact Ulloa has been the biggest miss. Not having a 20+ goal scorer or other strikers who can chip in with goals has cost us this season. Upson,Ward,Barnes,Buckley,bridcutt, And Ulloa have not been replaced by better players. And when you talk about play offs, we have been well and truly outplayed in both of them. We are a long way off from having a side capable of challenging for the top end of this table and I doubt we will ever have until the academy starts to produce them. We can not compete financially with a lot of teams in this league

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

He had much better players available, he did not want to stay, then had health issues and he probably does not want to come back. He did well, albeit not great in the end but had some luck. Move on! Move on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here