Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A quick poll, only take a few seconds

What would you do if accused of child molestation

• Total voters

Fine. I'll get off the pot. Pretty shit thread if you don't want a discussion about something that is extremely interesting. Still, I could jsut have been a zombie and ticked an option without offering a reasoning or stating my case.

I thought I had stated why someone (Jackson) might pay off an accuser.

Here we go... Some options for you...

1) He/She does not wish to be dragged through a painful court process.
2) He/She does not wish to drag their (young, former?) friend through that.
3) He/She has the money to put a painful court case to bed.
4) He/She, whilst innocent, does not wish for their private life to be picked over in court, to the minute degree.
5) He/She is guilty as charged, but is able to pay them off.
6) He/She is being advised that they might lose the case, despite innocence.

You may (personally) want to defend yourself to the hilt, but do you have the money for a good lawyer? Are you confident, legally, that you are able to get off with a 'He did, no he did' sort of case? What truly matters is that you now you are innocent. You may scoff at that, but, as previously, plenty of people go down for something they didn't do and never recover from that.

Well, all that is amazingly enthralling - and guess what? There's another thread for exactly what you just typed, and that one really is about an actual situation and not this hypothetical one. I could have replicated THAT thread with this one, but that wasn't the point I was asking for.

So - pop across to the appropriate thread that avails itself for your hypothesis and 'knock yourself out'. :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Will do. If you don't want to discuss something, then fair play, it is your thread. Why not keep things simple, a yes or no answer should suffice for NMH. I am not one to hang about and waste time on someone who is clearly intellecutally inferior to my goodself or not willing to debate a perfectly decent topic, for the sake of risking his/her standpoint. Sleep well, honey.

Presuming I had the money I'd pay whatever it takes to stop the case getting to court. At the end of the day, no matter how innocent I am, there is always a chance a jury could find you guilty, and that's a risk I wouldn't be taking if I had the money to prevent it.

Sadly, that reflects a lack of faith in the justice system, and in the ideal that the truth will out/set you free.

With money, one might expect to succeed in proving a case for their innocence too, though.
Those are the available choices here though, fight or pay not to.

Still, that's the way you feel and I think there might be a couple, so why not tick that option?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
the poll question is:

What would you do if accused of child molestation?

not would you like to discuss all possible approaches to this issue which one might take depending on one's personality, situation, wealth etc., etc.

or am i missing something?

the poll question is:

What would you do if accused of child molestation?

not would you like to discuss all possible approaches to this issue which one might take depending on one's personality, situation, wealth etc., etc.

or am i missing something?

Missing something - nope, you are one of the many who understood the first time.

There are a couple who like to look for 'grey areas', even in something as black and white as this poll. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here