Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for those in the rail trade..

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
To avoid my friend committing a Kev-style offence, I was looking for some advice.

Tomorrow a friend of mine from London is coming down and we're planning on doing a coastal walk from Brighton to Seaford. I know it goes via Newhaven but that is more than made up for by getting to visit Tide Mills...

He will get the train into Brighton or London Road, and no doubt return from Seaford. But what should he do, re: tickets? Does he really have to buy two singles or can he get the one which is more as a return?

Cheers.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just get a return to Seaford. (Or wherever is furthest away)

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Buy a return from London to Seaford as same fare as Brighton and you can break your journey anywhere en route :thumbsup:

Ahhh ta Ernest.

Nice sensible policy. I don't say that often about the railways!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To avoid my friend committing a Kev-style offence, I was looking for some advice.

Tomorrow a friend of mine from London is coming down and we're planning on doing a coastal walk from Brighton to Seaford. I know it goes via Newhaven but that is more than made up for by getting to visit Tide Mills...

He will get the train into Brighton or London Road, and no doubt return from Seaford. But what should he do, re: tickets? Does he really have to buy two singles or can he get the one which is more as a return?

Cheers.

can't help with the tickets but I would strongly recomend continuing walking til Seaford head and up the cliffs a bit. The 18th tee on the golf course is quite amazing:thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's a much better walk from Newhaven to Eastbourne, honest.

Buy a return from London to Seaford as same fare as Brighton and you can break your journey anywhere en route :thumbsup:

In general, you can only break your journey on the return journey although in this case you are changing at a terminus so this rule cannot be enforced. It rarely is, except in cases where very cheap tickets have been sourced through special offers (known as travelling short in this industry).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here