Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A point gained or two points lost?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Clearly gained but that said at 2-2 I did think we were going to get a winner. Thought we had it when their defender sliced it towards the top corner only for the keeper to tip it over.

Agreed. If it ended 2-2, I would have been slightly disappointed. We had a number of very good chances at 2-2. However, having gone 3-2 down in injury time and equalised in the 97th minute, any disappointment from that changed to delight at the point.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I suppose it is a point gained given the last few minutes, however, I have a nagging feeling in the back of my head that we should've won the game once we got it to 2-2. Perhaps just being greedy given our comebacks this year. Any other year probably would've been delighted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Point gained on we all ****ing hate Leeds

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Gained.

2 tricky away games chalked off.

Need to now capialise in the 4 home games out of the next 5.

That's the way I look at it. I was away for the day with no internet access. I had asked my brother text me the result and when I eventually got a connection and saw the result. I was nether delighted or disappointed. To me that's another banana skin match out of the way with a couple of home games coming up

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
After pulling it back to 2-2 in 3 minutes, and with 12 mins plus lots of injury time left to get a winner, I'm slightly disappointed. Should definitely boost confidence for next week though.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
On the basis that Brentford had won just two of previous nine home League games, two dropped.
On the basis that they had just thumped AV 3-0, one gained.
On the basis that we were well on top at end, two dropped.
On the basis that we were 2-0 down, one gained.

Take your pick.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
To come back from 2-0 down is definitely a point gained.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We could have pushed on to win at 2-2, yes. But given that we were 2-0 down and conceeded a penalty and also conceeded an injury time goal to make it 3-2 I don't think anyone can be too dissapointed.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Definitely a point gained. Had we lost to a 94tg minute winner the sense of doom and gloom would have lasted for a week among fans and players and I suspect would have led to a poor atmosphere on Saturday in a "really could do with winning" game. That late goal will mean the players have a spring in their step, the fans will believe and it shuts people up saying choking etc. MASSIVE point.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Definitely a point gained. Had we lost to a 94tg minute winner the sense of doom and gloom would have lasted for a week among fans and players and I suspect would have led to a poor atmosphere on Saturday in a "really could do with winning" game. That late goal will mean the players have a spring in their step, the fans will believe and it shuts people up saying choking etc. MASSIVE point.
Pretty much gets us a Nigel-free week on here too 👍

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

In the context of the season as a whole, this is a huge point gained from a position where we looked like getting nothing. Don't underestimate the impact on other chasing sides as well, who will keep seeing us getting something out of games that we maybe we shouldn't.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Two points lost . Five in last two games . Only the final position will dictate the importance .

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Two points lost . Five in last two games . Only the final position will dictate the importance .

True of course, but Hudds was always going to be very tricky, and the last thing we needed was another away game against a revitalised team who play fast attacking football most of the time. Hence, I had Brentford down as a loss - and was just hoping for a better performance to take into the next few games. The point - and the way it was won - were bonuses for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here