Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A point against Burnley

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wood or Barnes are both still out, so that will help us - they only had 0.1 xG against Man City!
There was talk of Barnes being fit for the game. Has he now been ruled out ?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
After our results this week think we might as well go for the win

this is the kind of approach i would like us to take.

off the back of such good and unexpected results this game now has a different feel. Had we lost to Spurs and Liverpool I suspect we would have taken the careful approach and tried to not lose the game. This usually leaves two results with the highest chance (lose/draw).

Given we are in such a different position I'd like to approach the game much more positively and attack Burnley this opens up the possibility of all three results being in play. Nothing lost but potentially something far greater gained.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm expecting a loss.

Firstly after beating Spurs, and then Liverpool away, losing to Burnley is a very Albion thing to do.

Secondly, we gave a lot on Wednesday night - can they play with the same intensity against "only Burnley".

Thirdly, we are quite strong favourites with the bookies. How often are we favourites away from home in the Premier League?

My sentiments entirely.

I am confident we are well capable of beating them. But Dyche is a canny bu66er (I detest him) and I would be very happy with a draw.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Is it too much to hope for that a win for us and a defeat for Fulham puts us pretty much safe?

Lawro predicts a draw so that's not a good sign :(

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
this is the kind of approach i would like us to take.

off the back of such good and unexpected results this game now has a different feel. Had we lost to Spurs and Liverpool I suspect we would have taken the careful approach and tried to not lose the game. This usually leaves two results with the highest chance (lose/draw).

Given we are in such a different position I'd like to approach the game much more positively and attack Burnley this opens up the possibility of all three results being in play. Nothing lost but potentially something far greater gained.

Especially given where both teams are. If it were Fulham I'd still maybe slightly favour the "take the draw, stop them getting the points" approach but I don't think Burnley are likely to be in the bottom 3 come May so we won't have lost that much comparatively.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We got a great result up there at the end of last season. I think it will be thought to replicate that. Burnley also put on the best defensive display we have seen at the Amex this season and I would expect the same. Even if we do get past their defence we still need to get past Pope.

However another 1-0 would be lovely. I have every hope we might get something. But id take the draw now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm expecting a loss.

Firstly after beating Spurs, and then Liverpool away, losing to Burnley is a very Albion thing to do.

Secondly, we gave a lot on Wednesday night - can they play with the same intensity against "only Burnley".

Thirdly, we are quite strong favourites with the bookies. How often are we favourites away from home in the Premier League?

Correct. Were loose.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Will take a point. With our wins Burnley are now the closest to the trap door & so will be desperate not to fall further into the danger zone.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's all about the win. 3 points there for the taking. With 2 successive victories and 4 clean sheets, there's no reason why not. Beat them there last season too.

Ending the day on 27 points and moving above Wolves into 14th would give the boys a break from constantly appearing in the relegation zone 'table'.

Even if we're not #undertheradar any more, some lower mid-table obscurity would still be nice.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Priority number one is to keep the clean sheets going, if we can score great but a 0-0 would be good too.

A strong defence wins out over the course of a season.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
i know it sounds bolshie and I don't mean it to but if ever there was a time to take things by the jugular it was now. I know let's not get above of our station and everything but we have been in the prem for 4 years, we have just had 2/3 excellent results. The pressure is off so let's go for it. Playing for a draw could lead us to being in the mire again in a few weeks. We needs to transition from picking up bits and bobs away from home to generating points with a proactive approach.

Apologise for how I am coming across it isn't intentional and I'm not advocating an 'all out attack' approach just a sensible utilisation of the confidence that must be within the group, don't let that go to waste.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
You just know we are only going to scrape a point against them.

Not to be negative I’d take a point now. I think we will be fatigued after all the effort we have put in against Spurs and pool. I always expect a tough match away at Burnley. If we are complacent or not at it we could get beat. That’s the nature of the premier league. Like how I incorporated a typical Potter presser in my thoughts- just for you vagabond lol

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
After the last couple of games and the effort we needed to put in a point would be a great result. It will keep the run going and maintain confidence. Burnley will present a completely different challenge to recent games and will not be for the faint hearted. They will be well up for putting Brighton 'in their place' as they see it. Just my guess mind.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lawro has just rendered this thread pointless. He has it down as a draw so we now know it won't be :lolol:

He also pointed out that the last time we won a league match at Anfield, he was playing for them :eek:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd honestly take a point to maintain momentum and then have a real go at Leicester and then sockboy's lot next.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm expecting a loss.

Agree. So going into the game expecting the worse but hoping for the best. Normal service resumes.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
We got a great result up there at the end of last season. I think it will be thought to replicate that. Burnley also put on the best defensive display we have seen at the Amex this season and I would expect the same. Even if we do get past their defence we still need to get past Pope.

However another 1-0 would be lovely. I have every hope we might get something. But id take the draw now.
I have to admit we were particularly negative at Brighton. We'd had a run of poor results and it seems were determined to get a point. Hopefully we'll be more attacking this time.

Barnes and Wood are both doubtful, but their form has been so poor that Rodriguez and Vydra could be an upgrade. We did score 3 against Villa!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yep, give me that point now,... with 9 virtually 1st choice players crocked in one way or another, and Izzy, Tau and Moses Basket not up to speed, a point would be most welcome.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here