Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A plea to the north stand

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't agree; I sat in the East Stand for the first time in 2 years and no one around me joined in with GOSBT or even "Albion Albion...etc."

Doesn't mean you are right when it's said 'the East stand' and we are all lumped in together. All those around me join in for Sussex by the sea' and 'Albion Albion' and also many of them joined in frequently with songs from the North stand. I am up nearer the North stand. The east is a strange stand in many ways but I am sick of 'The East Stand' being bandied about as stereotypically quiet. Especially as I've been to many away grounds where the home lot are far less noisy and also remember the Goldstone where I went in every stand from the early 70's onward. Even the North at the Goldstone was poor at times. The current East imo is far more noisy than all the Goldstone stands except the North and perhaps the old South where there once was a good atmosphere in the lower section before the fire. The constant sniping from some at the East is tiresome.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here