Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A passing thought

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I cant grasp is why the certificate allows 30k for rugby but less than 30k for football and cannot comprehend how the safety certificate will take into account FA or FL rules. I would assume that it is for 31k or thereabout but due to FL regulations that is lowered. and the FL know better than the local safety officers.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What I cant grasp is why the certificate allows 30k for rugby but less than 30k for football and cannot comprehend how the safety certificate will take into account FA or FL rules. I would assume that it is for 31k or thereabout but due to FL regulations that is lowered. and the FL know better than the local safety officers.

Is it a fifa thing....how did we get those gates over 30,000 more importantly why was Arsenal &(30278 current record for football) allowed 700 extra seats the 2nd time they came down,4450 as opposed to 3800 the first time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not to mention the negative PR involved in fencing in human beings in what is supposed to be a modern community stadium that prides itself of how welcoming it is
The logical conclusion of that view is that we just stop segregating fans - away ticket allocations will just be two or three here, maybe a dozen there throughout the stadium. Probably a better way of isolating and identifying trouble makers too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The logical conclusion of that view is that we just stop segregating fans - away ticket allocations will just be two or three here, maybe a dozen there throughout the stadium. Probably a better way of isolating and identifying trouble makers too.

appoarentlty our super CCTV can identify individual seats so obviously individual trouble makers.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

The safety certificate stipulates 30,750 for rugby. It also stipulates 30,750 for football. It stipulates 30,750 for a concert.

In fact, the maximum capacity for the stadium is 30,750.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Why do we have and pay for about 30 stewards positioned at each end of the away supporters and lose about 250 seats through segregation. Why not revert back to 8ft fences at each end of just vertical bars so unable to climb and reduce the number of stewards to 3 or 4 to stop any that try to climb it. It is not really caged in as was in the 70s. In the case of an emergency they could still go on the pitch I may be wrong but to me it makes financial sense.

So regressing back to the worst of footballing times and treating fans like shit is a happy price to pay in order for you to wrongly believe we'd be saving a few quid - even though you don't say where your mythical fences should go...?

Collosal thinking.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The safety certificate stipulates 30,750 for rugby. It also stipulates 30,750 for football. It stipulates 30,750 for a concert.

Does it really state that for a concert? I vaugly thought it was around 20,000? i will probably be wrong and 30750 would seem odd.....for a concert....imo

Edit: unless the stage had a turntable.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
so segregation costs us a possible 1000 seats per game

I'm just going to re-post what I said, because I'm not sure how you think 30,750 minus 1,000 can equal 30,750.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simple down the side of where the long row of stewards were sitting.on the lower east and next to the family in the south.

Yesterday was said to be a complete sell out and the attendance was recorded at 29469 some 1291 short of maximum and at approx £30 a seat that is £37k and over a season that would make a large indent in our annual losses some where near 10% ish. This is based on sell out each game I know.

Last edited:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Does it really state that for a concert? I vaugly thought it was around 20,000? i will probably be wrong and 30750 would seem odd.....for a concert....imo

It's the legal capacity for any event at the stadium.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Simple down the side of where the long row of stewards were sitting.on the lower east and next to the family in the south.

Right. And fans should be insulted and treated like shit for what reason?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Right. And fans should be insulted and treated like shit for what reason?

I could do with being knocked down a peg or two. At the minute, i prance around the neighbourhood like Hulk effing Hogan, wooing and disappointing equally with a sickening nonchalance. Something has to bring me down, and at present i am unsure of what.

Oct 25, 2003

Yesterday was said to be a complete sell out and the attendance was recorded at 29469 some 1291 short of maximum and at approx £30 a seat that is £37k and over a season that would make a large indent in our annual losses some where near 10% ish. This is based on sell out each game I know.

Are you taking into account (amongst other things) non-attending STH's?

Also it's a bit of a leap to base your calculations on selling out every game- something that isn't going to happen outside of the Prem

You're also not taking into account loss of revenue from not being able to re-sell away tickets to home fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here