Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A(nother) transfer Thread

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
When the Berlin wall came down all the East German Stasi fled to Sussex and got recruited as Moderators on NSC. There is no free thinking or speach allowed, this is considered non conformist and anti-social. You need to conform to an acceptable steriotype. ie politics, either an extreme rightwing nazi pretending to be moderate, a 2 dimensional student union lefty stuck in the 1960s or a Green with a room temperature IQ.

I advise you not to press any strange buttons you come across, weve lost a few members like that. Oh and dont be rude about Ipads or teir shallow and lackluster users.

Honestly, for the first time in my entire life...I am speechless!!

I'd heard that NSC was like this but cannot believe it actually is.

...start a forum, get some members and then change their words to ridicule them and then sit back and admire what you've done....

Glad I have a life outside of here!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

...start a forum, get some members and then change their words to ridicule them and then sit back and admire what you've done....

You may have a life outside here but it wont last, many newbs have said that. btw I spelt speach like that because thats how a mod spelt it a few years ago and to save face thats how its officially spelt on NSC now. Not wise to oppose the system. Bozza does have an executive order 66 type thing to inact if people wonder off message to much.

They gat dragged in the secret mod room and get worked over till they agree to conform.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
WTF??!!!

I have just noticed my thread title has been changed and i love it,further

Excuse me but who am i and what am i doing here?

Apart from being totally inaccurate, it is also rude, disrespectful and extremely condescending.

What sort of forum has posters that post threads with such titles as "Another look at me thread"?

Shame on me for not understanding NSC!!

Give a monkey power and he will believe he is a lion.

:lolol:

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014

North stand chat is a little boys club were the mods suck each other off and take it turns to have bum sex with each other

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
North stand chat is a little boys club were the mods suck each other off and take it turns to have bum sex with each other

Got any pictures?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
TB didn't become rich by squandering his money

I didn't get where I am today....................

tve1025-19760908-111.jpg

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
It's weird, I recognise my surroundings but something has changed. All around me seems familiar yet at some point today, not sure when, not sure how but I'm reasonably positive that I did indeed enter NSC, I don't recall leaving yet...yes...definitely...I am in The Twighlight Zone.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The player recruitment team, I know for a fact, work their absolute bollocks off to provide a flow of player targets to the manager and his staff.

That maybe so, but as with a lot of people in football they're judged on the end result and when it comes to player recruitment those results have been a bit patchy and very slow for quite a while now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What I believe or not is not important.

I am asking for people's opinions to see what they think. There is no right or wrong answer here.

This is a discussion forum is it not?!

That was your biggest mistake, thinking you could expect intelligent debate here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very, very good post.

Everyone keeps saying that we have plenty of time and we don't need to rush etc. etc. but I cannot believe that ANY club that are supposedly 'all set' to move at 'any time' would not get their players signed as early as possible.

If you know what you need and you know the player you want and you've done all the 'quiet chats' you need to have then surely you sign them up, no?

Liverpool haven't waited have they? They said that their recruitment team were 'ready' and they are proving it.

Some on here seem to think that signing players at the end of the window, after the spanish trip, after all our friendlies, with no time for the new players to even settle in before the season is already going on, is...good business sense as it is financially prudent! Wtf??!

I imagine it all comes down to our wage structure. Players will only sign for us at the last minute when they haven't had better offers. This may apply to more clubs this season but the Albion are generally late in the day if not last day of the window operators. The club were able to use the Poyet fall out as a reasonable reason for last years delays. This season we have had another new manager come in, but in good time to oversee squad strengthening. I'm not sure why so many are getting so irritated about lack of signings when we have nearly always been late in signing players. If we sign a few within the next two weeks it will be an improvement on most years but obviously it would have been better to have new players in before the Spain tour.

Maybe we are looking to sign Premier League players who will be released once the Premier League squads are finalised. I believe this is after the Championship season has started? If so we have a while to gnash our teeth and get more despondent yet :smile:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
. I'm not sure why so many are getting so irritated about lack of signings when we have nearly always been late in signing players.

The trouble is we can't afford to leave it to the last minute this summer because we've lost a lot of top players and it's left us with a very weak squad in terms of both quality and numbers. Last summer once we got Upson signed up it was about finding a left back to replace Bridge and then just enhancing the squad, This summer is more of a rebuilding job so fans are bound to be a bit more concerned about our lack of activity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The trouble is we can't afford to leave it to the last minute this summer because we've lost a lot of top players and it's left us with a very weak squad in terms of both quality and numbers. Last summer once we got Upson signed up it was about finding a left back to replace Bridge and then just enhancing the squad, This summer is more of a rebuilding job so fans are bound to be a bit more concerned about our lack of activity.

I agree but it's just the Brighton way and all the more surprising when you see how impressive the infrastructure of the club is :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you've jumped to the assumption that it's only our recruitment team thats responsible for someone signing for us then and that the potential signing doesn't have a say. What if the potential signings want to take some time to make sure we are the right fit for them?

If someone is at another club, we can't discuss whether they would like to join us or to discuss any details of any transfer deals with them until we have permission from their parent club (a bit like Leicester, us and Ulloa) - I bet Leicester thought that they would have signed him by now, but like a lot of transfers, there are other factors that can hold a transfer up no matter how much work has been put in.

You're assuming that everyone we go for will automatically want to sign for us because we are Brighton, because we have a nice ground and because we have a new manager and trainging ground - real life just doesn't work like that.

Someone postewd a link earlier to everyone who has been signed this transfer windsow so far, how many of them would you have wanted us to sign and would have been an improvement on what we have / had?

Still plenty of time, so be patient[/QUOTE]

The thing is what we don't really need is players being signed right at the end of the window and the taking 6-8 weeks to bed in because we then are playing catch up like last season and that's without the prospect of losing Ulloa or anybody else

Too right. But you still get the obligatory "It's still x weeks to the start of pre-season/pre-season friendlies/pre-season tour/start of the season/end of the window" moronic 'be patient' posts.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very, very good post.

Everyone keeps saying that we have plenty of time and we don't need to rush etc. etc. but I cannot believe that ANY club that are supposedly 'all set' to move at 'any time' would not get their players signed as early as possible.

If you know what you need and you know the player you want and you've done all the 'quiet chats' you need to have then surely you sign them up, no?

Liverpool haven't waited have they? They said that their recruitment team were 'ready' and they are proving it.

Some on here seem to think that signing players at the end of the window, after the spanish trip, after all our friendlies, with no time for the new players to even settle in before the season is already going on, is...good business sense as it is financially prudent! Wtf??!

Indeed. Just shows a lack of understanding on their part IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That maybe so, but as with a lot of people in football they're judged on the end result and when it comes to player recruitment those results have been a bit patchy and very slow for quite a while now.

100% this.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I told you all weeks ago, we will sign players from the bottom of the last festering bargain bucket that everyone else
has rifled through about a week or possibly two before the season starts.
We always do it's the Brighton way !!! :D

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I told you all weeks ago, we will sign players from the bottom of the last festering bargain bucket that everyone else
has rifled through about a week or possibly two before the season starts.
We always do it's the Brighton way !!! :D

Simply not good enough IMHO.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Too right. But you still get the obligatory "It's still x weeks to the start of pre-season/pre-season friendlies/pre-season tour/start of the season/end of the window" moronic 'be patient' posts.

The Patronising Patrol will be usung the 'bedwetter' insult soon enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here