Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A messge from the Dark Star

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am not remotely interested in ales but I know many of you are, so this may interest you.

Attention Ale Drinkers!

Dark Star Brewing Co
Att Brighton fans, Hophead will be available in Dick's bar this weekend. Caterers are currently reviewing the real ale offering at the AMEX, so it's now a case of 'drink it or lose it' I'm afraid. We'd be delighted if you could support us at the stadium and help us get better coverage throughout the ground. Let's hope that real ale fans will be able to continue to have choice for many seasons to come. Please share this message with other BHAFC fans. Cheers!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep, had that on FB too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I enjoy Dark Star as much as Harveys, however it was never available at the kiosks only the mobile bars so never bought it

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought the ales were, in a sense, protected. We'd better not end up with John Smiths!

I think Real Ale is protected, just not necessarily Dark Star.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Why pay 10% more for Hophead than Harveys if you can't get it on the card in WSU? I do prefer Hophead, but not by 10%. I suspect this is a stitch-up by the club to get rid of Dark Star as they caused too many problems early on.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Why pay 10% more for Hophead than Harveys if you can't get it on the card in WSU? I do prefer Hophead, but not by 10%. I suspect this is a stitch-up by the club to get rid of Dark Star as they caused too many problems early on.

Nothing to do with the club, it's the caterers that call the shots on stock levels etc

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If Harveys is the only the real ale option the club can still say they've listened to the fans when the new caterers take over and bring in Carling and John Smiths :lol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hophead shits all over Harveys Best.

SHITS ON IT
I know this has been done before but they're really not comparable. They're more different than say, tea is to coffee.

Hophead tastes fruity, flowery, sickly, strong and sour. Harveys tastes bitter, smooth and musty. Depends what you like.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would love some London Pride, Doombar or Black Sheep ! Sorry Dark Star

Posts like this make me sad.

Giving up Sussex ales for foreign imports. :(:facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

I know this has been done before but they're really not comparable. They're more different than say, tea is to coffee.

Hophead tastes fruity, flowery, sickly, strong and sour. Harveys tastes bitter, smooth and musty. Depends what you like.

I love 'em both, and I think they genuinely compliment each other. I can't drink too many Hopheads in a row as it is hoppy, but a Harveys Best tastes lovely after a couple of Hopheads. Getting thirsty for tomorrow already! :cheers:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Does that 10% really make that difference between buying or not ???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Bring back King and Barns Sussex made in Horsham a great beer what a shame the Brewery was sold and built on.

Bill Kings Horsham brewery is now brewing Festive again.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Harveys is 100% nailed on for the future, it's a record breaking best seller, have no fear.
Dark Star had problems early on, they are a much smaller set up than Harveys and are brewing at full capacity so it was never going to be a level playing field - but the club wants to keep Dark Star if it's profitable to do so, so it's up to us to drink loads. I know I'll be doing my bit :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here