Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A league win against Arsenal or an FA Cup win at Old Trafford?

You can beat Arsenal in the League or United in the Cup, which do you choose?

• Arsenal

Votes: 187 63.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 110 37.0%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We are not and never were going to beat Arsenal.
We should treat the Manure game like a cup final and go for it.

This.

Oh...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ha!

Just that. Ha!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Voted that we beat Arsenal.

Happy days.

Does that mean we now automatically lose to Man Utd ? ??? ??? ???

I now VOTE to win at Everton *wink*.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Voted Arsenal.

Now that job is done,we can hit United with our best team.

Happy Days

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't think I would have to eat those words, would have been different with Giroud and Sanchez in the side, as they were the side.
Great result, almost safe and no fear approach, took a little time coming, but worth waiting for.

Add in Ramsey and Monreal.

Man for man Arsenal I think most would accept Arsenal are better but that counts for nothing if you don't play as a team. We were well prepared for the match, and certainly more organized and probably, more crucially, were mentally 'up for it'. Hopefully we can go into those last four games with more belief, especially if by then we have reached the magical 40 points before then (although I think that will be more than enough for safety).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The FA cup doesn't mean that much anymore.

I really hate statements like this. The FA Cup doesn't start in January in the 3rd round. It starts when we're still in pre-season with preliminary qualifying rounds, followed by the qualifying rounds leading up to the First Round Proper. The FA Cup means a huge amount around the country each season, with it doubling some clubs revenue if they progress.

Just because a few Premier League clubs utilise their squads toward the latter stages because they prioritise their league position doesn't mean it doesn't mean that much anymore. Far from it, the lower teams feel they have even more of a chance when they pull a decent name out of the draw.

We have more televised first round matches and through the rounds as ever before. Record crowds for many clubs as they progress. It still means a lot. Might not to a club surviving in the Premier League, but that is a tiny fraction of the hundreds of clubs that enter it each year.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The FA cup doesn't mean that much anymore.

Maybe if you're a fan of one of the big clubs that's true. But a team like us winning the FA Cup would be massive for us. If nothing else just for the global exposure and the European place, never mind the kudos of actually winning a major domestic competition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe if you're a fan of one of the big clubs that's true. But a team like us winning the FA Cup would be massive for us. If nothing else just for the global exposure and the European place, never mind the kudos of actually winning a major domestic competition.

And we could spend all summer grumbling about how it's inevitable that the Albion will be relegated, next season.

Win/Win.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
After we've beaten United tomorrow night we'll be wishing we'd done the same in the FA Cup and gone all the way to the final :amex:

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
United. League safety is important but glory is more important.

our club will always be associated with the 83 cup final, so why not creat more cup memories!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
United. League safety is important but glory is more important.

our club will always be associated with the 83 cup final, so why not creat more cup memories!

This was said before, I don't quite get it. Our 4 consecutive seasons in the top flight led to the '83 cup final appearance. Our relegation thereafter has meant we have got no where near that again for 35 years. If glory is more important, then the flip side of that coin is that league safety is our best chance of achieving that glory.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I really hate statements like this. The FA Cup doesn't start in January in the 3rd round. It starts when we're still in pre-season with preliminary qualifying rounds, followed by the qualifying rounds leading up to the First Round Proper. The FA Cup means a huge amount around the country each season, with it doubling some clubs revenue if they progress.

Just because a few Premier League clubs utilise their squads toward the latter stages because they prioritise their league position doesn't mean it doesn't mean that much anymore. Far from it, the lower teams feel they have even more of a chance when they pull a decent name out of the draw.

We have more televised first round matches and through the rounds as ever before. Record crowds for many clubs as they progress. It still means a lot. Might not to a club surviving in the Premier League, but that is a tiny fraction of the hundreds of clubs that enter it each year.

Did our best goalkeeper, Ryan, play in any FA cup matches? Enough said.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
This was said before, I don't quite get it. Our 4 consecutive seasons in the top flight led to the '83 cup final appearance. Our relegation thereafter has meant we have got no where near that again for 35 years. If glory is more important, then the flip side of that coin is that league safety is our best chance of achieving that glory.

That assumes the two were directly correlated though, which isn’t entirely true. Often cup runs aid a league season as much as they hamper them. Just an anomaly in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here