Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A hypothetical question

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
A hypothetical question to the Adams out brigade. I am personally a bit unsure about whether he should go or not. I am far from convinced by him but I am not sure that paying off his wages will do us much good with 2 and a half years left on his contract.

We clearly have x amount available to spend in January. Sacking Adams and bringing in a new manager will cost quite a lot of money. So, would you rather spend this money on new players or invest most of it on changing the management team?

Personally, for this reason, I would give him until the end of February to bring in new players, let them settle and turn it round. However, that does not mean I am convinced by him.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Bloody good point really. Ideally Adams will realise he fu"*ed it and resign (WONT HAPPEN). Problem is if you let him spend the money (also what players are gonna wanna sign to a team that is in freefall) and give him till feb we could be cut adrift in the relegation zone! I want him to go and take White and Booker with him. Then get Ince.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bloody good point really. Ideally Adams will realise he fu"*ed it and resign (WONT HAPPEN). Problem is if you let him spend the money (also what players are gonna wanna sign to a team that is in freefall) and give him till feb we could be cut adrift in the relegation zone! I want him to go and take White and Booker with him. Then get Ince.

Or he could sign players that whoever takes his place doesn't value, and doesn't use leading to more players on the wage bill not being used

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think I'm leaning towards Adams out as wehn do you draw the line. After the bad home start , the nine men defeat I agree to early but to add to a dire situation we have now lost 6 out of 7 (and got a draw in the other). Where do you draw the line. Loose to Colchester , still safe ? Loose to relagation rivals Swindon , still safe ? heaven forbid get nothing at home to Northampton , still safe ? (now potentially detatched at bottom with games against Leicester , Leeds + Walsall a all coming up.

I seriously think we need a change if only to give us impetus , get belief , stay up by skin of teeth then look to build.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, it's the manager's job to get the best out of the players he buys. See, Micky has to put his stamp on the team. No, the 17 players we've signed since the summer don't count. ;)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would chose to spend the money of moving Adams out, because;

1. I've lost all faith in Adams being able to even get us back to where we were, nd
2. I don't trust him to spend the money wisely in January.

With a decent manager in arge of this squad, we don't need any other players in January.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think we have some good players. Particularly galling is Thornton, class in mid week, class whenever he plays, yet he struggles to get a game. He should have started every game in the last 2 months. Yet you have baffling decisions like bringing back McLeod and Thornton getting off the bench. This is just one of many examples that suggest to me that simply giving Adams a load of money to spend on players is not going to automatically improve things.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
How many more players do we need ? We have a decent enough squad

GK: Kuipers, Sullivan.

Def: Whing, Hinsh, Virgo, Hawkins, El-Abd, Elphick

Mid: Cox, McLeod, Livermore, Loft, Fraser, Robinson

Str: Murray, Forster

Rif-Raf: Hart, Mayo, Dixon

Going in January: Thomson

Hardly a squad which will set the division alight.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
People will say that's no good because of the shit performances this season, but actually if you look at every player on their own merit it's really not that bad a squad. Desperate for at least one central midfield player and a Bas Savage like nuisance change up striker, but other than that it's hardly awful. It's not a relegation squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can understand that people like Thornton because of his flair but I do not think that in our position we can use this to our best advantage and as such should foresake that for a more hard working midfielder in the Carpenter Oatway mould. So I would say that I would rather DK kept MA and gave him the money to buy the 3 players I think that we need to be a force in this division.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't really understand the logic that says that because we aren't very good and cannot score goals we should get rid of any players who might create something because in our precarious position it's a luxury.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
People will say that's no good because of the shit performances this season, but actually if you look at every player on their own merit it's really not that bad a squad. Desperate for at least one central midfield player and a Bas Savage like nuisance change up striker, but other than that it's hardly awful. It's not a relegation squad.

agree with all that, our manager and coaching team seem to be proving however that they are not the people to get the best out of these players!!
I suggest that if this is not turned around in the next 3 games then Micky,Bob and Dean need to all go and anew manager brings in his own team.

Oct 25, 2003
I can understand that people like Thornton because of his flair but I do not think that in our position we can use this to our best advantage and as such should foresake that for a more hard working midfielder in the Carpenter Oatway mould. So I would say that I would rather DK kept MA and gave him the money to buy the 3 players I think that we need to be a force in this division.

boy, how we could do with an 'in his prime' richard carpenter right now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't really understand the logic that says that because we aren't very good and cannot score goals we should get rid of any players who might create something because in our precarious position it's a luxury.

Because whilst he does create opportunities he tends to try to carry the ball past 1 player too many and on most occassions loses the ball and quite often in quite dangerous positions which then puts us back under pressure.

A hypothetical question to the Adams out brigade. I am personally a bit unsure about whether he should go or not. I am far from convinced by him but I am not sure that paying off his wages will do us much good with 2 and a half years left on his contract.

We clearly have x amount available to spend in January. Sacking Adams and bringing in a new manager will cost quite a lot of money. So, would you rather spend this money on new players or invest most of it on changing the management team?

Personally, for this reason, I would give him until the end of February to bring in new players, let them settle and turn it round. However, that does not mean I am convinced by him.

This is a question that the board have to answer and take on. It's their problem, they created this scenario.

I don't normally like the wanton bashing of Dick Knight and the board, we owe them a debt of gratitude because we still have a football league club at Brighton. However, they have to stand up and be counted for this one - the ball is firmly placed in their courts to redeem the situation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How many more players do we need ? We have a decent enough squad and it is obviously the managers job to get the best out of them which he isn't doing so get rid and get someone in who can.

Thats the thing, it is a decent squad - If he tried playing players in correct places this may see an improvement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here