Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A good start to the season

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Seen a bit of negative chat about us, how we’re doing and the goals we’re conceding amongst Brighton fans and the general media but just looking at the PL table - I think we can be really pleased where we are.

After this weekend we’re pretty much a quarter of the way through the season and are guaranteed to finish the weekend in 7th or 8th place (top 8 likely to get into Europe this season). That is despite having played 6 of the other teams in the current top 9, that is a really tough start on top of our first ever games in Europe. I don’t think that tough start has been highlighted enough.

I know a defeat and no wins in 5 games can lead to a bit of negativity and personally, Solly’s injury has left me feeling low, but I would definitely have taken this position before the season started. We’ve blooded a lot of new and young players, were excellent in the second half against the best team in the world yesterday and we’ve got a reasonable PL fixture list coming up on top of some amazing European games. More exciting times coming up I think.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Injuries to Enciso, Gross, Estupinan, Milner, Lamptey, Wellbeck, Lallana and now March haven’t helped. Been a real slog.
Well Milly injury was arguably a blessing in disguise. And march and wellbz were only yesterday so I don't think we've had about the average amount of injuries for the league. Bit frustrating that de zerbi keeps moaning about it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good thread @Farehamseagull

Largely agree, and given the players that left, we were always going to be a ‘work in progress’ initially. Igor seems to be doing well, Baleba is great, and injuries apart it all feels positive.

Villa was disappointing but other than that……

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Recently Beaten Newcastle and United. Drew with Liverpool and only lost by one to City .... Shouldn`t be any negativity....... apart from injuries of course but we do have a big enough squad of good players to cope I`m sure. All positive Here !!!
And got hammered by Villa

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not disastrous and we're in a good position but some of our performances (mainly defending) have been concerning thats for sure.

Add the recent run of games from last week onwards it's definitely a scary run of games!

With all due respect to the teams, we need to be beating the likes of Fulham, Notts Forest and Sheff United whilst we can if we wan't to end up in the top half of the table.

Thing is I can see us dropping points against them.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well Milly injury was arguably a blessing in disguise. And march and wellbz were only yesterday so I don't think we've had about the average amount of injuries for the league. Bit frustrating that de zerbi keeps moaning about it.
Welbz has already been out once. Dunk another who had an injury.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1 win from 7 though

de Zerbi out……big Sam in

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Yesterday was a one off for me. I'm normally upbeat and positive, but I've felt lousy all week and that has been reflected in my posts. Feeling a bit better today...cup half full an' all that

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, it's just as well we did have a good start! Could be very important in the final reckoning at the end of what may well be a tricky season. Hopefully we can stay in the top ten - and with a good run in Europe, and maybe the FA Cup too, that would be pretty good for a transitional season (which is what we are in).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As always, the first target is 40 points. Anything else is a bonus. #TrustTheTracker
#TeamsLikeBrighton
#NotUnderTheRadar

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Yippeee, a thread of positivity !
When you look at it as a bigger picture it is a great time to be an Albion fan. Even when we lose we are guaranteed to score. No boring football in our matches, it's a thrill a minute rollercoaster ride. We are competing in Europe for the FIRST TIME EVER, travelling to some exotic places and being royally entertained.
The only thing i can think of to make it better would be less injury worries .................and to be able to take my flask back into the amex this winter!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yesterday was a one off for me.
People said that about West Ham. And Marseille. And Bournemouth. And Villa....

I know I've blamed the constant mass changes disrupting the team. But now I'm starting to wonder if it's just us. Under Potter we would have a dip in form from the end of September through to December. The season he left at the end of September the dip coincided with De Zerbi bedding in. Maybe it's just we are still a team that has a Dip at this point of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here