A GIRL came to our 7 aside last night and...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
:lol: Wolverhampton Wanderers Ladies play in the Third tier of the Womens football league, which has four leagues in it. Some what 4 or 5 leagues below the English women's Super league,where most of the England internationals play.

The gulf in class is massive. Should you ever get the chance to play against the England National team in a seven a side game, I am sure they would be willing to play against your team of seasoned pro's and without ever having to put their knitting and housework down, smash you.......completely

at football that is :laugh:

The below link contains the structure of the womens leagues and the teams there in them. It would be interesting to see the England women vs the England men in a seven a side game though.

http://www.jamesprickett.co.uk/pyramidengland.htm

Interesting... im sure that they wouldgive us a good game and on fitness maybe edge it... they are weaker and slower... I ve watched the england ladies play and they didnt look great...

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I thought here we go a girl thats going to drag the standard of our game down...

She was about 5'3, very slim, quite good looking about 25 so naturally thought lets see what shes got.. unfortunately i was on her side so couldnt give her any crunching tackles..

But she actually ended up being decent ... Great touch had some skills and had a good goal (not as good as mine though)

The football we play is of a good quality as we are all old ex sunday league players, some still are and she fitted in well.

It was only after the match that i was told shes the left back for the womans Wolves team. This then made me think as good as she was... a few of us were better... She is the Womans premier league and me and my mates arnt even in the mens league.. the gulf of difference is huge.

So how would a fairly average mens 7 a side team fair against say 7woman England players. I honestly think i could build a team better than any womans team with the players i play with on a thur night.

Was incredibly sexy seeing a girl be as good as she was and turn a few of the guys inside out...:love:

If if was a Women's Premier league player and read this I think I would laugh.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Interesting... im sure that they wouldgive us a good game and on fitness maybe edge it... they are weaker and slower... I ve watched the england ladies play and they didnt look great...

:lolol: I think you'd be very unpleasantly suprised. Faye White could play in any mens team, she's THAT good.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
scottish premier league womens table, the difference between the top and the bottom is quite.... astonishing.

Team MP W D L F A D P
1. Glasgow City 20 20 0 0 136 6 +130 60
11. Kilmarnock 20 0 0 20 10 132 -122 0

-122 goal difference and +130 goal difference.... what the f***

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
scottish premier league womens table, the difference between the top and the bottom is quite.... astonishing.

Team MP W D L F A D P
1. Glasgow City 20 20 0 0 136 6 +130 60
11. Kilmarnock 20 0 0 20 10 132 -122 0

-122 goal difference and +130 goal difference.... what the f***
To be fair that's not that much different to the men's monkey tennis league, is it?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I don't think this thread would be complete without [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION]'s contribution.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
I think it would be difficult to judge a player's true ability from 7-a-side. The thing with 7-a-side and small sided games, is that they are a leveller. Get a great 7-a-side player onto a full sized pitch in an 11-a-side game and often they are rubbish - they get lost with the time and space. In the same way, a mediocre player in a small-sided game may be amazing at 11-a-side on a proper sized pitch. From the people I play with, I can think of examples of both of these.

100% this

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Has Alf Garnett and Jim Davidson added their considered experience and expertise to this thread yet?

This thread shouldn't be allowed out and needs shooting, along with the 'people who leave the match early' thread.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
All that said, the one good thing that has come out of this thread is the New Mexico Elizabeth Lambert clip...I think she'd make Beckham and Cole cry and would probably take Rooney and Terry with a strap on at half time whilst chewing on lemons and spitting the pips at the back of their heads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports